damn i am enjoying my F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
damn i am enjoying my F4

picked it up friday rode it the 80 miles home, got up early yesterday to take it out and get used to riding again.................nothing.......dead fuckin dead.............spent the day trying to get something out of it.............alarm was doing its 4 beeps to signify bike battetry was dead so plugged in trickle charger and still nothing even after the day..............................went home in disgust especially as my mates were taking the piss at my 10.500 quid of unridable italian junk..................went back today same shit, borrowed another mates 12v battery charger after speking to the fella that fitted the alrarm and running through several tests and sequences and lo and behold she fires straight into life.......................so is battery fucked 3 days after having the bike PDI'd is the alarm such a huge drain or am i just having the piss taken out of me, either way the bike is goiing back to be checked over and yes they did offer to collect it but i figured if it was a simple solution then i would be able to ride it back if on the other hand it wasnt id at least get a demo to ride ...................still mighty fucked off tho.....................so my question to you is how m uch compensation should i be getting.......free service maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 12:14 PM

Sounds like fun
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
lol yeah havent laughed so much since i rode my old kwak out the showroom and rode it for 15000miles in 2 years without even a whimper from the trusty steed, im a little annoyed can u tell lol
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 12:58 PM

That sucks buddy. Hope it gets sorted out. Trust me when its going you are going to be grinning much more than your mates. THey are just jealous :P But yeha for such an expensive bike one would think that all sorts of naggles would be sorted out...but did you buy a used one or a new one?

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 01:07 PM

Free service, for what? Sounds like the alarm killed your battery.

Welcome though, and congrats on the bike! Once you get to ride it, you'll love it--Mines been in the shop for 3 months (after 2 years and 22,000miles of bliss) but I can't find anything else that even comes close.

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
yes suryad got it 2nd hand with 2100 miles on it and the free service is for selling me a bike i cant ride, im just pissed that i waited 2 and a half years to get back on 2 wheels and now i am on 2 wheels it appears that i have to make the engine noises myself as it dont go.......................grrr grrr grrr grrr grrr lol....sorry guys long day
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 01:37 PM

Understandable mate.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Established Member

Sounds like either the alarm did it or the dealership that sold you the bike may have had the same flat battery problem and 'forgot' to tell you about it.
It's not unusual for some modern sportbikes to have battery problems if they haven't been ridden for a while, but there's no harm in trying the dealership and asking them to see it as an 'opportunity' to keep a customer happy.
Given the cost of a new battery, I doubt you'd get a free service, but maybe they can either thow in a new battery or sell you one at cost.
Anyways, congrats on your purchase. I'm sure all this will be forgotten the moment you start getting acquainted with her.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:45 PM

One thing I learned is that a new vehicle doesn't necessarily mean the battery is at the prime of it's life -especially if it's been sitting in the showroom/lot with little care for months or years.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
its all taken onn board and im not so pissed now having had a good nights sleep, just hoping it starts so i can ride it down there today

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode