2016, rough times MV factory finance/production - Page 52 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #511 of 1617 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 07:42 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadogr1 View Post
I have no sympathy for Castiglioni. He got himself into this mess and now he wants to hide behind the flag. I was in leadership positions in the Army for 36 years and you paid the price for screwing up as a leader(sometimes it was a lot more expensive than just money). He needs to go and somebody like AMG who is fiscally responsible needs to be in charge. The bottom line is the commander is responsible for everything his unit does or fails to do and Castiglioni does not cut it.
Also agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
In a military operational situation, accountability needs to be black and white because the consequences often are dire. In business - different kettle of fish. Failure can have many causes, and often it is a combination of factors. And what if MV comes out of this with a new deal that is great and the bikes are even better? Then was this hiccup in fact a failure? Of course if it crashes down then the hiccup becomes a heart attack.

Easy to monday morning quarterback. If you look at the numbers, their sales were up 30%. In the current market that is a strong metric, and if this were the US, he'd be voted some stupid high bonus by the shareholders. The other numbers (debt, costs, etc) people often ignore, and not sure we know those other than the debt.

The only thing I know of CG is from the factory documentary and other small bits of press. From what I can gather he's passionate about the brand, passionate about motorcycles, is probably a bit of a playboy and somewhat excessive, and perhaps makes some less-than-analytical choices. That actually sounds a lot like the bike

And now, I'm going to take the wife on the MV up to the canyons, grab some breakfast, then head to parts unknown.
I get the same impression of GC as you do. I do also believe that he truly, genuinely cares for the company just like you would expect some mom & pop small business shop. I also believe that he wants to firmly stay in control of the company, for the reasons I stated in the previous sentence, but also because I think he simply doesn't want to resign himself as being 'forced' out of the motorcycle biz. If he were, where would he go? Serious question. I imagine he probably would not have any executive level prospects at AMG, Duc, BMW, etc. It's going to be a huge blow to his ego.

I appreciate that this guy wants to keep MV that exotic italian brand that's back on the upswing, but every fiber of my being and business knowledge that I have says that this doesn't appear to work out in favor of MV staying the way it is with GC in control and creditors agreeing to whatever conditions he lays out. Something is going to give at some point.

In other news, I heard from another MV owner in my area that the only dealer local to us is getting out of the MV business precisely because of this mess and that they don't expect them to come out of it in the same condition they're in now. Even if MV does make it through and goes back into production, will my dealer still pull the plug? Man I'm really hosed if they do; they have even admitted they only move about 6-7 units per year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 1617 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Velocity View Post
Absolutely disagree!
You can disagree all you want but he has failed as a leader and I highly doubt many organizations are going to risk their money under his leadership and time is against him. Bad news like this does not get better with time. The longer this drags on the worse it will get for him and MV.
post #513 of 1617 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 02:30 AM

The past 52 pages have all been based on innuendo and rumor. We (all of us) actually have NO idea what is really going on behind the scenes at MV or the interaction with AMG and the banks. We are all just guessing. Media reporting is notoriously inaccurate or written to further an agenda of some sort.

Fact is - MV need more debt to support the current 30% growth in sales - this is not a bad problem to have. The issue is where is this debt will come from.

MV will survive - 30% sales increase tells you that.

Faster and Faster untill the fear of death subsides.....
post #514 of 1617 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 02:42 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadogr1 View Post
You can disagree all you want but he has failed as a leader and I highly doubt many organizations are going to risk their money under his leadership and time is against him. Bad news like this does not get better with time. The longer this drags on the worse it will get for him and MV.
And you can think whatever you want, it's just another opinion. As is mine. For me there is more going on that GC being a bad leader. It's all politics and AMG has a stake in that. Form that perspective I can at least understand that CG is not giving up.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #515 of 1617 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 06:33 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS

There is one positive we can all take out of this dome and gloom situation.

If AMG apparently want to get their hands on MV, then as sure as eggs is eggs ( Google the term if you're unsure) someone else out there has the same desire..

So the bottom line is, MV's future is safe.. probably!

It's just the long waiting game that's doing the damage to their future reputation.

Independent dealers might not want to get themselves involved with MV retailing (once this MV debt problem has been resolved) because of their fiscal instability.

The company needs to be underpinned by a large automobile based organisation that is willing to leave GC as the figure head of MV, but keep a tighter control of the purse strings and MV's growth plan.

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #516 of 1617 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 06:53 AM

Totally agree ,bad news ,how many times is it now ,will ruin his company,I am buying another bike and unfortunately it will not be an MV,the general public are fed up with it.bad news travels fast especially on social media,MV now needs a big player to take it over.If he continues to do this every couple of years MV ultimately will disappear forever.

Last edited by eddypro; 04-17-2016 at 07:51 AM.
post #517 of 1617 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 01:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Have had three F3's over the last four years, just cannot see what I would replace the RC with.
At the NEC and Excel shows, became bored looking at the other manufacturers bikes
post #518 of 1617 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Taylor View Post
Have had three F3's over the last four years, just cannot see what I would replace the RC with.
At the NEC and Excel shows, became bored looking at the other manufacturers bikes
I feel the same way. The F3 is such an amazing bike it feels like an extension of my body when I'm riding it. And as far as looks are concerned it is the most beautiful bike I've ever laid eyes on, I could literally stare at it for hours on end. They are addicting bikes, once you become obsessed all other bikes look "meh". Even the Ducati Panigale looks a bit "meh" in comparison. In my opinion of course. I LOVE my F3 AGO #132!
post #519 of 1617 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 03:33 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Wink Mer...Mer.... Mmmmmm...Mer.... “Misano”..

I wouldn't say no !

Attached Images

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #520 of 1617 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 03:39 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post

I wouldn't say no !

Why do I agree on this...

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode