Great Customer Experience: Spectrum Motorsports - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Great Customer Experience: Spectrum Motorsports

For all those brethren of the MV brand in SoCal I want to share my terrific customer experience with Spectrum Motorsports http://www.spectrum-motorsports.com/ in Irvine CA. I recently pruchaed a Brutale 910 with 500 miles on it and wanted to have the first service completed. I selected Spectrum based upon some calling around and the great and courtious service on the phone from Adrian their service manager. I scheduled the service for a Saturday morning and made the easy ride down the 5 to their dealership. At 8:30 AM (a half hour before they formally opened) they wheeled my bike in for its first service. While I waited they allowed me to demo several new Ducati (Hypermotard, S4rs) and a Brutale R. They also made available their customer loft with wide sreen TV, leather couches, free coffee and sodas. Within 2 hours my service was done and I was out the door for $220.00. Pro Italia was quoting me $700 for the first service (without the valve check) and wanted me to wait all day, suggesting that I could spend my time in one of the local cafes around the dealership. I have found a new home for my MV's needs and it is at Spectrum. BTW really nice sales staff and parts manager too.

Ride Free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 03:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
2 hours? I assume that there was no valve inspection done then.

That is really odd. MV dealers are now providing services that actually put owners in violation of the warranty agreement. According to the service manual, a valve inspection is required at 600 miles. If that inspection is not performed, then the recommended service program is not being followed and the warranty is void.

I’m not trying to put up any alarms here. The data seems to indicate that most MVs are not in need of any valve lash adjustments at the first service interval. However, it’s not ALL. There have been a few instances of motors with needs for some changes in the valve bucket shims to bring the lash within spec.

I wonder if Cagiva USA (who supports US warranty claims) knows that this is going on? Something tells me they might have something to say about this procedure.

BTW, the Spectrum people are good. At least my experiences, albeit limited, with them have been very positive.

Alex
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 04:50 PM

yeah the spectrum people are great. Got my thundercans through them. Excellent service!

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Spoke with Michael Ferracci Directly (US importer) regading the value inspection. He affirmed that MV/Cagiva no longer requires the value inspection for the first service. He also affirmed that it does not void the warranty. FYI

Ride Free
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Established Member

Spectrum yeah!

I have bought my last 3 motorcycles, 2 Ducs and my MV from Spectrum. They are all great guys!
I spent an entire day in the pits with Jamey Mazotta (owner of Spectrum) and his son Hawk (AMA Superbike rider) at Fontana. My point is that you can actually have a friendship with these guys. They aren't just trying to sell you something.
Jamey appreciates and tells other customers that I ride 80 miles to buy, service, and just hang out at Spectrum. I wouldn't have it any other way.
A great bunch of people.

Ara
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Funny. I ride the same distance from Simi Valley in Ventura County. Suddenly I don't feel that odd.

Ride Free
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 12:13 AM

Spectrum are cool dudes. I regret having to move away from a good dlr like them.

'08 F4R312
'06 Brutale 910
'06 Triumph Daytona 675 - track
'04 Ducati ST4s sold
'05 Ducati Monster S2R 800 sold
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 07:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbiker View Post
Spoke with Michael Ferracci Directly (US importer) regading the value inspection. He affirmed that MV/Cagiva no longer requires the value inspection for the first service. He also affirmed that it does not void the warranty. FYI
No kidding?
I hope that this change is incorporated into the actual printed document.

Any chance someone who's got a very new MV can verify that they are lifiting the requirement for the valve inspection at 600 miles?

If true, this is pretty big news. That valve check is a LOT of work.

Alex
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbiker View Post
Funny. I ride the same distance from Simi Valley in Ventura County. Suddenly I don't feel that odd.
You go Spectrum too from Simi. Good man.
I knew I couldn't be the only one.

Ara

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode