All I want is a test ride! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 02:25 AM Thread Starter

All I want is a test ride!

Talk about arrogance!

I have been considering trading my K12 on a piece of Italian exotica with my primary hope being to get an 312R.

Well, since then, I have ridden a 1098S in the Yarra Valley (Victoria, Australia) on a Ducati ride day (in pissing rain, so no real opinion formed yet). The dealer has also offered me another ride in the dry.

I still want to ride the MV to compare. To my eyes, it's still a much sexier bike and still more exotic. Plus I think I'd still prefer an inline 4 to a twin. However, after about 6 weeks of trying, the dealer finally called me back and tells me the following.

"You can ride a demo if you want to pay $1000 to ship one from the distributor in Queensland to Melbourne and back again."

When I stated that it was a bit much to expect someone to outlay that sort of money without a ride he said.

"People who buy MVs are buying it because it is the best bike in the world". Puhlease! Let ME be the judge of that! I will NOT argue that Japanese bikes are better in many respects - I am NOT buying a bike because it is the best in the world! It's a 10 year old design for f#@ck's sake! He went on to say, "It was the same when I worked in a Harley dealership. If someone wanted to buy one, they bought it. Generally, people who wanted a test ride didn't buy them".

How the [email protected]#ck can you compare an MV with a goddamn Harley! People who buy Harleys only want to pose not ride!

In the words of the great philosopher, Eric Carman - "I am so pissed off right now"

Thing is, I still would really like to know if this is the bike for me, but stubborness will prevent me from going to this dealer.

The 1098 is looking real good right about now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 02:51 AM

How about trying at a different dealer? From my understanding, the guy does not seem too eager to sell !

...People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs...
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 05:28 AM

Yeah I agree with demitris
are there any other dealers around ?

If he wants to sell bikes then he needs to make them available for the public.

I just had to sign a insurance dec. that if I smashed the bike on the test then I would front up with the first 1200 bucks for excess.

Tell him that if he wants to make some $ then he could front the $1000 for transport. Try the manager perhaps ??
TRY before you buy my friend !

Tell him he might be better off selling these things to old grannies
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 05:38 AM

I bought the 312 without a test ride or even hearing one run except on the internet, that's how much I loved this bike from first glance. Maybe the 1098 is a better choice for you.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 05:40 AM

To tell you the truth, my situation was the same as with AF Agusta, i had never been on an MV before mine was delivered, but I can totally sympathise with you wanting to test the bike prior to buying it. The dealer should be trying to get you on the bike to make you want to buy it, not the other way round!

...People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs...
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 06:27 AM

Get the MV. Way better all the way.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 06:28 AM

Ah , buy it somewhere else,,,,
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demitris View Post
To tell you the truth,........The dealer should be trying to get you on the bike to make you want to buy it, not the other way round!
OK - but to expect a test ride on a bike a dealer doesn't have to me is rather unreasonable! ............ Now, if there were 3 or 4 of them on the showroom floor gathering dust ............

Tom
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 07:35 AM

Tpadden, the dealer being an MV dealer, should stock all the models, and, in my oppinion, it is unacceptable for them to be asking the customer to pay for the transfer fees for the bike to come. When I was thinking about buying my car from BMW dealer in London, UK, and the car was in another dealer in Kent, UK, they brought the car over ( 3 hours drive) for me to test it. I dont think that it is such an unreasonable demand to make!

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 07:52 AM

show them the money. Give them $2k cash or your credit card as a deposit.

I don't know where Yarra Valley is as VIC is too cold for me, but there is a crap load of bikes in Elizabeth st in the heart of Melbourne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK12 View Post
Talk about arrogance!

I have been considering trading my K12 on a piece of Italian exotica with my primary hope being to get an 312R.

Well, since then, I have ridden a 1098S in the Yarra Valley (Victoria, Australia) on a Ducati ride day (in pissing rain, so no real opinion formed yet). The dealer has also offered me another ride in the dry.

I still want to ride the MV to compare. To my eyes, it's still a much sexier bike and still more exotic. Plus I think I'd still prefer an inline 4 to a twin. However, after about 6 weeks of trying, the dealer finally called me back and tells me the following.

"You can ride a demo if you want to pay $1000 to ship one from the distributor in Queensland to Melbourne and back again."

When I stated that it was a bit much to expect someone to outlay that sort of money without a ride he said.

"People who buy MVs are buying it because it is the best bike in the world". Puhlease! Let ME be the judge of that! I will NOT argue that Japanese bikes are better in many respects - I am NOT buying a bike because it is the best in the world! It's a 10 year old design for f#@ck's sake! He went on to say, "It was the same when I worked in a Harley dealership. If someone wanted to buy one, they bought it. Generally, people who wanted a test ride didn't buy them".

How the [email protected]#ck can you compare an MV with a goddamn Harley! People who buy Harleys only want to pose not ride!

In the words of the great philosopher, Eric Carman - "I am so pissed off right now"

Thing is, I still would really like to know if this is the bike for me, but stubborness will prevent me from going to this dealer.

The 1098 is looking real good right about now.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode