Tamburini on Ortega, Part Deux... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Talking Tamburini on Ortega, Part Deux...

As I mentioned in the "I shoulda got a ticket" thread, me and #211 went out early Sunday morning and did unspeakable things on Ortega Highway.

Once again on the Elsinore side I spotted a photog working the popular RH (going up) sweeper where I have been snapped before. But this time, the shooter was a bit farther up, working the exit from the rider's inside, or what I call, the cliffside...'Cause there is a cliff, on that side...See how creative I can be?

I thought I should stop and introduce myself, maybe do a couple passes and request a picture, but I was just really getting going and wanted to continue strafing. I went up and over, and down past the Candy Store, eventually turning around before getting too far down the O.C. side. I retraced the upper section which includes some of my favorite corners, and decided to head to Tom's Farms for breakfast instead of stopping at the Cliffhouse.

As I approached the corner where I had originally spotted him, I noticed the photographer was just getting into his car, so I clamped 'em down and slowed to a stop at his window. I met Mr. Mark Ross, introduced myself, and explained that I really would love a pic if he got me, and gave him my card. Today, in full resolution, I received the following!

FULL RESOLUTION

Although it isn't a pancaked pose because it's on exit, I still love it, especially the reflection in the mirrored visor.

A special thanks to Mark Ross for his generosity, you can see more of his work here: http://community.webshots.com/user/BlownBMW

Turns out he is a BMW rider, a motorsports photographer, and a really nice guy...Plus his friend Ara has a new MV Agusta F41000R which you can see here: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563276590kwuYoN

I've invited them both...THANKS AGAIN MARK!!!

Griff
twoeleven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode