What product would you like to see most next? - MVAgusta.net
View Poll Results: What product would you like to see next posted as a group buy?
Rearsets 5 19.23%
Footpegs only (please specify fixed versus folding) 8 30.77%
Clip-ons with replaceable bars 2 7.69%
Top triple clamp 2 7.69%
Crash protection (frame sliders, fork sliders. etc) 2 7.69%
Brake/clutch levers 2 7.69%
Gas Caps 2 7.69%
race fairing mounts 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

What product would you like to see most next?

I know I keep bothering most of you here with this stuff, but I am really trying to get a feel for this market so that I can serve you guys better.

I am about to embark on my next design, but I don't want to invest a lot of time and effort for a product that doesn't have much of a need. My previous post has only generated 7 poll responses out of 120+ page views.

So please take a second to answer the poll questions and keep in mind that for any of these products to be made there really needs to be double digit responses. I can certainly make one offs if people desire them but keep in mind that often it is just as expensive to make 1 versus 10 or more (for instance the cost of one case cover was about $20 cheaper than making 10).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:52 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I think you could do well selling what people want from emoto but don't want to go to emoto for. I would forget the useless "bling" and focus on functional additions. Out: Carbon fiber swing arm cover. In: bearings for the rear hub. Out: gel seats. In: nice rear sets. Out: cast aluminum anything. In: Billet aluminum anything.

Just my not so humble opinion.

CAG
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:59 PM

I voted and waht CAG said as well sir.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to Matty
a nice keyless gas cap is on my list of "to find"

i havent seen many out there that i really like

Matty
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I think you could do well selling what people want from emoto but don't want to go to emoto for. I would forget the useless "bling" and focus on functional additions. Out: Carbon fiber swing arm cover. In: bearings for the rear hub. Out: gel seats. In: nice rear sets. Out: cast aluminum anything. In: Billet aluminum anything.

Just my not so humble opinion.

CAG
We'll I tried the billet alumium anything and got crickets This time I thought I would ask and at least try to fill the immediate need. Things like bearings and what not are easily sourced locally which is easy to do and I would be glad to assist, or if there are several people that need them can work on putting together a group buy to possibly get a better price, but those things are quantity driven. I don't think I could get the bearings any cheaper than one person can buying them on their own.

Thanks for the response Carl, I certainly appreciate it!
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:05 PM

I agree with CAG about being an alternative to EMoto, and about functional over "the bling." I disagree about the seat though. It seems that's one item that many are interested in upgrading. Even things like the rear wheel socket,plugs, oil filters and air filters may be helpful for the "one stop shopper." But perhaps you want to focus on more "boutique" items, or on manufactured items, rather than brokering?
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Right now my focus is on design and manufacturing. I don't have a great deal of interest in stocking every item from every possible manufacturer. I think to be succesful at that game you really need to carry quite a bit of inventory and have it on hand, otherwise you get caught in the emoto dilema; selling product you don't have. That puts you at the mercy of your suppliers which I don't really think serves the community well. I would rather focus on doing things well, develop a good reputation and build the parts I and the rest of the community want. Lets face it, I am not going to get rich doing this, for this market segment. But I can have a little fun doing it.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
If i could vote twice, additional to rearsets i think levers would be nice. Might hold off from the CRG ones if you can make something competitive to that appearance and price wise!
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
If i could vote twice, additional to rearsets i think levers would be nice. Might hold off from the CRG ones if you can make something competitive to that appearance and price wise!
I had been working on levers and can restart. I'm not sure what the price is for the CRG levers so I don't know how competative I could be. My one concern with the levers, and I discussed this with Mike R as well, is that I think the adjusters on the OEm levers are better than the CRG's 6 position only. The OEM levers have much greater range of adjustment, but I could incorporate the OEM style adjuster and add features such as folding or replaceable tips. As for the rearsets, I have a set of CC style on the drawing board, but have yet to complete them. I am trying to work out which style, and type of mounting for the pegs.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 10:13 PM
The Machinist

It's like the movie Field of Dreams, "if you build they will come".

I for one would like a fairing stay. Just cause they're so hard to find. Probably not the best thing to mass produce.

I think your best bet though is to make loads of rearsets. Everyone wants rearsets if they're at the right price. If you could make them so they would except either the fixed or the folding now that would be cool!

Clip-ons would be cool. Maybe with bars that are a little longer then Ferracci's. Maybe like 3/8 or a 1/2" longer. More adjustability.

I liked the Case cover and think it's a great idea. The only thing that I didn't like to be honest was the engraving. It was just to big. if you could make a nice logo that would be cool.

Keep up the good work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode