The "I shoulda got a ticket" Thread... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
The "I shoulda got a ticket" Thread...

Have you just absolutely been caught misbehaving by our friends in black and white and NOT got a ticket. I mean, you really dodged a bullet, or it was your lucky day, or the LEO had a cup of hot coffee in his lap and just let you go?

It happened to me just a few minutes ago, my head is still spinning!?!?!

I had just come down off of Ortega, my usual weekly sins all tallied up and in the bag, so I was heading towards downtown Elsinore for a refuel. The road I was on was a country road at one point, and mostly still is, but there are now a couple lights along the way, and I stopped for a traffic signal. It was early, not much traffic at all, and two cars crossed in front of me before my light went green. I was still all charged up from my antics on Ortega, so I revved up the Tambo and pulled away lifting the front wheel to about wheel-high, nothing crazy, but far from a touch and go...I even carried it on the throttle a while, but I knew there was another intersection coming so I let her down with a sharp chirp from the front tire. THAT is when I saw the LEO on a bike, not in the intersection but just beyond it, his radar trained right at me. I grabbed all of the clutch and dropped the throttle, he saw me, we made eye contact, and he just smiled and I SWEAR, gave me a thumbs up as I coasted by. I looked in my mirrors to be sure, but all I saw was my elbows.

I can't be the only one this has happened to, and I have no idea why, but I shoulda got a ticket...

Any of you???

I think I'll watch some TV for a while now...

Griff
twoeleven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 01:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to tim107
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeleven View Post
Have you just absolutely been caught misbehaving by our friends in black and white and NOT got a ticket. I mean, you really dodged a bullet, or it was your lucky day, or the LEO had a cup of hot coffee in his lap and just let you go?

It happened to me just a few minutes ago, my head is still spinning!?!?!

I had just come down off of Ortega, my usual weekly sins all tallied up and in the bag, so I was heading towards downtown Elsinore for a refuel. The road I was on was a country road at one point, and mostly still is, but there are now a couple lights along the way, and I stopped for a traffic signal. It was early, not much traffic at all, and two cars crossed in front of me before my light went green. I was still all charged up from my antics on Ortega, so I revved up the Tambo and pulled away lifting the front wheel to about wheel-high, nothing crazy, but far from a touch and go...I even carried it on the throttle a while, but I knew there was another intersection coming so I let her down with a sharp chirp from the front tire. THAT is when I saw the LEO on a bike, not in the intersection but just beyond it, his radar trained right at me. I grabbed all of the clutch and dropped the throttle, he saw me, we made eye contact, and he just smiled and I SWEAR, gave me a thumbs up as I coasted by. I looked in my mirrors to be sure, but all I saw was my elbows.

I can't be the only one this has happened to, and I have no idea why, but I shoulda got a ticket...

Any of you???

I think I'll watch some TV for a while now...

Griff
twoeleven
Dude, this shows......People who rides MV don't get treated the same
way as people who rides a Ducati or Jap bikes.

Motorcycle is more than just a transport.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 01:26 PM

Agreed wiith tim!

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 01:31 PM

last month......clocked 71 in a 40.......in my truck....County deputy stopped me....told me to slow down....

last time on the bike.....past a state trooper cresting a hill on a two lane state highway....going about 110......saw his brake lights and him turn off the rode to turn around as I went over the hill.....never saw his lights light up, so kept going...never saw him again.......if I he would got turned around and lit me up I would have probably stopped.

A gun is not a weapon. It's a tool, like a butcher's knife, or a harpoon, or an alligator.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Established Member

I have to tell you guys that if a cop is running RADAR and you see him it's just too late. That unit is just incredible it catches you long before you probably spot the cop. The biggest thing is the respect factor that you acknowledged him and decreased your speed immediately.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasF4 View Post
I have to tell you guys that if a cop is running RADAR and you see him it's just too late. That unit is just incredible it catches you long before you probably spot the cop. The biggest thing is the respect factor that you acknowledged him and decreased your speed immediately.
I figured one of our 'experts' or two would chime in, and I believe you, that makes sense...At the time, I was just thinking it might have been the brotherhood of the bike, AND I wasn't really speeding, nor did I have the nose pointed at the sky completely...Just a little, well, medium celebration of playing with gravity and acceleration, more like a science experiment, really...

Ride safe, but be quick about it.

Griff
twoeleven
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeleven View Post
...snip... playing with gravity and acceleration, more like a science experiment, really

Griff
twoeleven
ha! "a science experiment". i'll have to remember that one.

2006 910S
2019 BMW S1kR
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 09:20 PM

Glad you got lucky today, Griff. Not too long ago, I was caught doing 50 in a 35 by a motorcycle cop. When I stopped, he said "let's see your license and registration, son...." I then removed my full faced helmet and he saw that I was far from a "son"..... (I'm 46). He told me to cool it and have a nice day.

I think that this is one scenario when being older actually works for you......I'm not perceived as a squid that most cops love to ticket.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 12:39 AM

Just this morning, three of us went dual-sporting in a closed off area. Upon exitingthe area two park rangers were "welcoming" us. The took our documents and went back to their truck two right us our tickets. A few minutes later they handed us our licenses back saying tha we got a lucky break because they just received an emergency call to a fire that just broke out.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 12:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
Mine - Manhattan Beach - Pacific Ave, north bound - going to Rosecrans.
There's a stop sign, maybe 31st street? Anyway, I pull away from the light and lift the wheel into a wheelie. As I go by 35th, there's a cop on a bike, with the radar gun in his hand. Ah crap, I'm busted, so I think. So, I pull over. Cop pulls up next to me and says "You're lucky. I didn't have my gun ready, and I know you were going faster than 30mph. But you're getting a warning. Oh, and you should know that riding with your front wheel off the ground is very unstable."

"Yes, sir. Very unstable. Thank you. Good bye, sir."

LOL. Very unstable....hahahah...maybe he should have told me the brakes on an F4 can be very unstable.

Alex

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode