Attention Sydney - My MV stolen - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Thanks Guys.

It was planned hit on my bike, but in the process they went berserk inside our home stealing all sorts of weird stuff we still finding out and coming to grips with. We live on an isolated Acreage with no real neighbours you can see. The only way they would know it was here was to be in my garge at some time. I recently had some storm damage repairs through our home insurance and the tradesmen sent out were in my garage. The Police believe they used their mobile phone to take pictures of our security system and they knew exacactly where to go.

I have now good and bad news.

They got them.

Someone phoned in a tip off to the cops and they got a search warrant for a place about 45 minutes away. When they pulled up out front the guy fled...on my bike! So a high speed pursuit through Penrith took off, with the guy losing control, falling off and ending in hospital.This was last night.

The police are waiting to interview and see what else can be recovered and how many involved.

I should be able to go see the bike today. The police said it is damaged but but badly, so I would say it will mean body work etc. It is good news these low lifes are caught. The police are going for Grand Theft. I must say the police through all this have been excellent and the detectives have kept us informed all the way and very empathetic. Very very impressed.

I will let you know how bad, but I am allready planning a ressurection project. Feels kind of sad that the MV had to go through all that.

Yes I am insured, and my insurance company is an enthusiast one, Shannons, who have been fantastic. They really understand enthusiasts.

Thanks all, and those guys are in deep shit.

MVA Sydney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 09:32 PM
Established Member

Wow good for those guys got what they deserved. I know its not funny now but in a year im sure your gonna be laughing at the guy who let the police on chase on YOUR F4 and ended up in a hospital. NO one drives your baby an think they can handle HER!!!
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 09:59 PM

again!
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 10:07 PM

I'm glad that they caught the bastards!!

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 02:37 AM
The Dude

damn.... ! Good news I think. Poor bike.... happy to hear they got caught tho.

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 03:00 AM

Boo to the loss
Yay to the find and capture!

That's good to hear MVASyd...so was it the tradies in the end?
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 05:26 AM

Excellent news. Who would have expected such a dramatic chain of events?
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Thanks Guys, I can now report that I have it back.....I just returned with it in my trailer.

As I said the police got a tip off at a place in Penrith. They went with a number of cars and detectives for a raid. As they got out front one guy took off...on my bike! and a high speed pursuit took place complete with Police helicopter.
He made it to the M4 motorway and headed out of Penrith towrads Sydney. The Detective said "our cars must be crap, because we had no hope of catching him" (MV power).
They called ahead to St Mary's and cars came down that way to him, with the M4 now blocked off. He tried a U Turn across the large grass centre median strip and dropped it ... ouch. He got it up with one foot peg missing and with his left leg hanging took off back to Penrith (the way he had come). Cops had it blocked off (dumb shit!), he turned off the M4 and went into the backstreets, lost control threw it away and landed in a driveway of a house and was caught running away and the cops belted him good !.

He was taken to hospital and is still there and will be interviewed tomorrow to find out what else can be recovered.

He had a cocktail of drugs in him, mainly speed, and was on licence suspension. They won't tell me anymore yet but it could have been related to the sale of my Honda CBR1000RR. He will get no bail and is facing over 9 charges so is looking at serious time.

The bike is smashed, but not that bad so it can be repaired easily although the fingerprint guys did a number on it. The engine has been thrashed (cops words). My Arai Doohan helmet won't be returned as it is full of blood, and my leathers and other house belongings were not recoverd. It will be up to whether he gives up his mates.
So, a very traumatic and eventful weekend. Now to get her fixed and checked out.

Again thanks

Greg

MVA Sydney
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 06:44 AM

Great news neighbour, i must say what you described (beautifully done too) sounds like its straight out of some American cop show -Miami Vice springs to mind, just swap Penrith to L.A and Sydney to Vegas and you got yourself a 20 minute action scene in a hollywood blockbuster. Man, that shit never happens to me.
Hey, i can vouch for Motorcycle weaponary down in mona vale, i live close by and they have a great rep. ALSO, for bodywork you might wanna check out APW Motorcycle Repairs in Brookvale, cnr of Carter rd and Winbourne. Talk to Sean or Spencer...good guys, great work.
Well done on getting your baby back and as wrong as it is i'm glad that piece of shit ended up in hospital, pity it wasn't on something else.
Kieran

Last edited by seaeagle46; 06-01-2008 at 06:46 AM.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 08:09 AM

Geez Greg what a trip!
I don't know what's more upsetting, the feeling of violation or knowing our "justice" system will see that piece of sh*t treated better than a newborn in a hospital when he gets to jail.
On the upside, good chance to get the thing modified though whaddaya reckon??? Please upload pics if you can, I'm curious to see how she fared after all that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode