Just FYI: MV Agusta sponsored track days are not referred to as track days.... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Just FYI: MV Agusta sponsored track days are not referred to as track days....

MV Agusta does not sponsor "track days" A track day is a term for those unprivileged enough to ride lesser machines. MV Agusta sponsors "Privilege Days"

I got this e-mail:

Quote:
MV AGUSTA Privilege Day

Riding Course

Estoril Circuit, Portugal

I am pleased to announce the first edition of the “MV Agusta Privilege Day” exclusively dedicated to the privileged MV owners.

This riding course represents an exclusive opportunity to improve riding skills, to meet and establish extraordinary relationships, as part of the MV Agusta Family…Luca Scassa and two factory test riders will be teachers in a “luxury classroom” with four left-hand bends and nine right-handers…

The event begins on the evening of June 9, in one of the Portugal most exquisite landscapes, the Hotel Fortaleza do Guincho. In this Five Stars Hotel will takes place a Cocktal Party, and the exhibition of our magnificent F4 CC, and the JeanRichard watches…

5 SESSIONS | 5 STARS HOTEL | Photograph Service | Dunlop Tires Service | 5 sessions | PERMANENT CATERING STAFF

Jaques Abreu da Costa
Press & Public Relations Manager
MV Agusta
+351 912318030
[email protected]
PORTUGAL
This is going to sound harsh but I think it's deserved MV Agusta is using snob appeal to lure people to buy their products and events because they are broke and need the money! There. I said it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 03:29 PM

did they also said how much the costs are.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

No prices given. I copied that directly from the e-mail. I suppose we're to contact Jaques Abreu da Costa directly.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickadelic View Post
If you have to ask, you cannot afford it....

I know I probably can't

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 09:22 AM

I feel privileged just to read this thread.

John
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 05:52 PM
The Machinist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
I feel privileged just to read this thread.

The prices aren't that bad actually.
What is expensive however is sending the bike over there. I had loads of e-mails with this guy but I think I deleted them on accident.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 05:59 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to psst!!!...
going to the cocktail and dinner on the 9th and then all the stuff on the 10th is around €550.
it will be great, I supose. and afterall is an oportunity to ride on a circuit and meet other people o loves these bikes.
I will be there.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psst!!!... View Post
going to the cocktail and dinner on the 9th and then all the stuff on the 10th is around €550.
it will be great, I supose. and afterall is an oportunity to ride on a circuit and meet other people o loves these bikes.
I will be there.
I'll be there too
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 02:44 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickadelic View Post

on their website:

Privilege Day
Estoril Circuit

The first edition of MV Agusta Privilege Day represents an exclusive opportunity for MV Agusta owners from across the world to meet, and establish extraordinary relationships, as part of the MV Agusta Family.
In order to improve riding skills, we offer the opportunity to integrate the "Luxury Classroom", and learn with experienced pilots, such as Luca Scassa, and the Test Riders from MV Agusta. Owners can also test the new models: the F4 1078 RR312 and Brutale 1078RR. During the MV Agusta Privilege Day, owners will share their passion for riding.
Everything begins on the evening of June 9, in one of the most exquisite landscapes in Portugal, the Hotel Fortaleza do Guincho. At the Hotel’s sea view restaurant, will takes place an exclusive dinner that will be a truly different gastronomic experience. Guests may also contemplate the Magnificent F4 CC, and JeanRichard watches for MV Agusta.

Estoril Circuit – Riding instruction | Track Day
The driving tuition will be pitched at the appropriate level for each trainee to experience maximum enjoyment and motorcycle control

Instructors

Luca Scassa (MV Agusta SBK official pilot for 2008 – Italian SuperStock Champion - 2007)
Two MV Agusta factory test riders
Three Portuguese experienced instructors

Other services

MV Agusta mechanics – Tune suspensions, change tyres, breaks etc
Permanent catering service
Lunch in our Gastronomic Box with beverages included
Final Cocktail
Photograph service

Safety

Marshals are in safety posts around the track, as on a race day, while there are two ambulances and paramedic presence throughout the event which is run to strict international standards. Safety is a paramount and bike riders should use one-piece (or two piece zipped together) leathers with motorcycle boots, gloves and helmet.

Estoril Circuit Portugal | Circuito do Estoril, Portugal

Located on Portugal's Atlantic coast, 18 miles from the capital city Lisbon, the Estoril circuit had its debut in MotoGP track in 2000. This 4.182kms (2.6 miles) circuit is one of the trickiest and slowest tracks on the GP schedule. It combines long, even radius corners with heavy braking zones, bumpy straights and a tricky chicane. The track is made up of four left-hand bends, nine right-handers with a track width of 13 yards and the longest straight stretching 896 yards. Its location means the weather can be unpredictable, but is generally warm and dry. The nearest airport is in Lisbon, offering flights to all main destinations in Europe and overseas.

Accommodation
Hotel Fortaleza do Guincho | 5 Stars

The 27 rooms and suites fully refurbished feature terraces, air conditioning, remote control satellite television, mini-bar, telephone, hairdryer, safe and internet access. Rooms with balcony sea view are orientated towards South or overlook the Cabo da Roca, the most Western point in Europe. Junior Suites, face the ocean from their opened terrace. Totally fit for working, reading or fantasizing with your beloved one, you will want to spend some of your precious time there.

Together with Cabo da Roca lighthouse - the farthest point to the west in Europe - Fortaleza is the guardian of one of the most exquisite landscapes in Portugal, including the wonderful Guincho beach and the steep, green hills of Sintra in the Natural Park of Sintra-Cascais.

The menus reflect the richness and tradition of French cuisine, with a Portuguese accent. The wine list is quite surely among the best offered in Portugal, covering both Portuguese and French wines, all carefully chosen by Fortaleza`s sommeliers. http://www.guinchotel.pt/english/

For this special event we created 4 Packages featuring exclusive services for memorable souvenirs

Pack 1 – 285.00 € per person
Includes

June 10 Track Day | Riding Instruction
Catering permanent
Lunch
Final Cocktail
Photograph service

Pack 2 – 350.00 € per person
Includes

Cocktail and Welcome Dinner (June 9)
Track Day | Riding Instruction (June 10)
Catering permanent
Lunch
Final Cocktail
Photograph service

Pack 3 – 505.00 € per person
Includes

One night accommodation in single /double* room with buffet breakfast
Catering permanent
Lunch
Final Cocktail
Photograph service

Pack 4 – 661.00 € per person
Includes

Two nights’ accommodation in single /double* room with buffet breakfast
Catering permanent
Lunch
Final Cocktail
Photograph service

Tax included

Contact Info:
Jacques Abreu da Costa
Press & Public Relations Manager
Italian Job | MV Agusta
+351 912318030
[email protected]
Portugal

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode