Custom Titanium for MV AGUSTAís - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Thumbs up Custom Titanium for MV AGUSTAís

Some of you might be aware that recently I have been after some titanium bolts for the F4 1000 series handle bar clamps.. To my dismay I found that MV had chosen to use the uncommon M7 size bolts for this application..

Although, these bolts are available from the odd World wide supplier, they tend not to keep them in stock.. My normal supplier couldn’t help out, nor could other various retailers who advertise M7 bolts on their web sites …

Thankfully, I managed to find a UK manufacturer of Titanium products that was willing to produce these bolts for the MV community.. They operate to the highest standards as one would expect from a company that supplies titanium bolts direct to one of the leading F1 motor racing teams on the Grand Prix circus ( the only clue I’ll give you here is that the Team Principle is called Denis .. enough said)..

I have fitted these bolts to our F4 Superleggera bike, and have attached pictures for you guys to view.. Your feedback is always appreciated, so let me know what you guys think ….

If anyone wants a set of these or any other Titanium bolts then please feel free to PM me and I’ll get some prices.. Because this company is a manufacturer of these Ti products, they are prepared to supply our MV community at a much more competitive pricing structure than most of the current market suppliers..
Attached Images

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JDS; 05-10-2008 at 06:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 07:52 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Do all the fasteners us Torx heads? Why didn't you have them make it with the traditional socket head cap screw?

CAG
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Banned

perhaps so they can charge extra for supplying the "special tool" for bolt fitting / removal
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Hey CAG... You can have what ever bolt head tightening type you require.. The reason I requested Torx heads is that they have a less tendency to round off.. If youíve ever used titanium bolts before, you might have found that the conventional Allen head bolts round off very easily and canít withstand high torque settings.. This is why F1 & MotoGp teams opt for this type of drive for most of their external bolt fixings..

This manufacturer doesnít supply the Torx tools, but you can buy the tool sets in any motor factor.. As far as the cost of the Torx tool sets are concerned, if your using titanium fasteners on youíre machine, the last thing on youíre mind is the budget restriction on a set of Torx sockets.. I believe that Halfords sell a full set of these sockets for £15..

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Tor-X fasteners are becoming quite commonplace in both cars and bikes. The primary benefit, as already mentioned, they are less prone to rounding or stripping out the head then an Allen hex or common cap screw. The tools are readily available everywhere. I have a set of sockets that have been in my toolbox for years. Snap-on, Craftsman, any tool supplier.

And your Ti bolts look really nice, by the way.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 03:53 AM

JDS I may be interested, I need various bolts in replacement of the corroded steel ones on my bike...
You sure the price is competitive to a place like pro-bolts for instance ?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripleinside View Post
JDS I may be interested, I need various bolts in replacement of the corroded steel ones on my bike...
You sure the price is competitive to a place like pro-bolts for instance ?

Hi Erick..

Yes.. This company actually manufactures their own titanium products as previously stated, and therefore can supply the finished product at a more competitive price than most UK retailers..

I have been using PRO-BOLT for the last 6 years as a trade customer and there is nothing wrong with their level of service..

Itís just that I found myself in the situation that I needed a non standard bolt size, and this titanium manufacturer was able to help out with my request, and provided levels of service that I can only describe as outstanding..

The bolts they supplied were top quality grade 5 specification as you would expect from an F1 Team supplier, and their pricing structure is more competitive than what Iím currently paying for my titanium supplies Ö

As you might already know, Torx drive bolts are more costly to produce than the Bog standard Allen Head bolt..

Erick, if you need any bits and pieces, then please let me know what you need and Iíll try and get a price for youÖwithout say that also goes for any other member on this Forum..

I believe if someone comes across a supplier that can benefit the MV community at large, then why not share that information without crossing anybodies line..

Other members have helped me in the past to source various parts for my machine from suppliers all over the World, and that is what this site is all about.. and hope it continues that way....

EMAIL :
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 02:51 AM

you have a PM !
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 04:58 PM

( the only clue Iíll give you here is that the Team Principle is called Denis .. enough said)..

Go on JDS please tell us!!

Is Dennis's mate called Knasher?

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

I think you'll find he is known around the F1 pits as Gnasher
Attached Images

EMAIL :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode