What is the actual cost of an F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

What is the actual cost of an F4

I am just curious what do you guys think that it actually costs mv agusta to make a f4 at the factory....how about the cc i bet its pretty cheap just wondering if anyone knows for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:27 PM

i have no clue, im gonna take a ballpark guess on the F4 and say $19,000 USD
as for the CC i think i read somewhere that it cost quite a few thousand less than the retail price to make it, as their intent with the CC was to make a bit of spare cash, while in the mean time making an epic bike.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:46 PM
The Machinist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVducati View Post
i have no clue, im gonna take a ballpark guess on the F4 and say $19,000 USD
as for the CC i think i read somewhere that it cost quite a few thousand less than the retail price to make it, as their intent with the CC was to make a bit of spare cash, while in the mean time making an epic bike.
I would venture to guess about half that cost.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 12:58 PM

^^I'd wager you're pretty wrong---There's A LOT of stuff to add up when you calculate the cost of making something: R&D, overhead, advertising, tooling, etc, etc...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Red face

The fact is, unless you have a direct contact at the factory (unlikely) and he/she probably risks their position by telling you (highly unlikey), we will never know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Big Randaddy

How do you define cost? Does cost include equipment depreciation, advertising, maintenance on facilities, R&D, legal expense, currency fluxuation, etc, etc, etc??? I respectfully submit that MV might not actually know what the cost of a vehicle is. If they sell 5000, the cost is one number. If they sell 6000, the cost is an entirely different number for a zillion reasons.....

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 06:16 PM

Send a message via MSN to allias86 Send a message via Yahoo to allias86 Send a message via Skype™ to allias86
i would suspect that the initial cost when they launched the f4 was high,they literally started from nothing,with a low or even no profit margin;but after launching the liter version and the brutale they managed to be more efficient and buy parts in greater quantities,and more expensive parts and technologies in order to keep the product somewhat fresh at lower prices than before which in turn led to a higher profit margin...therefore this is one of the reason that delays the release of a new model,among others.they wait until demand starts to decrease significantly for the f4 in all of it s incarnations and then put theyr minds into a new model.the conclusion,based on what i ve read on the forum about the low curent sales on the f4 range is that a new model is bound to be coming up soon,if mv wants to stay in bussiness on the scale that we are acustomed with
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 06:57 PM
The Machinist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6 View Post
^^I'd wager you're pretty wrong---There's A LOT of stuff to add up when you calculate the cost of making something: R&D, overhead, advertising, tooling, etc, etc...

I have a pretty good idea of what the dealerships get the bikes for. After they pay shipping and blah blah. MV have been producing the same bike for 10 years with minor changes. I know what it costs to make things I'm in the manufacturing business. If they couldn't make the bike for $10000 they would have been out of business along time ago.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

i mean after r&d after the other fees are out of the way just the parts cost and putting it together i agree with b harris no way over 10 grand even

Last edited by Sammy Bono; 05-11-2008 at 01:55 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 02:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to SANDMAN
I would say about 10k for a R1000 F4, about 30-40 for the CC and maybe 7k for the brut.

Nothing Is Impossible For Those That Don't Have To Do It!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode