New member saying G'Day - Complete with the obligatory questions! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

New member saying G'Day - Complete with the obligatory questions!

Hi All,

I've been lurking around this site for a few weeks and reckoned it was time to actually post and intro myself.

Current ride is a BMW K1200S (as you probably guessed from my nickname), but as I get younger I realise that I need something more sport and less tourer. Don't get me wrong, the K is a great bike, but jumping onto that from my R6 track bike or my wife's Daytona 675, it feels like I'm riding the Queen Mary.

So the decision making process has been underway for a few months. The Jap bikes have all been struck off the list due to them being all the same. Considered waiting for the new BM S1000RR, but don't have the patience (plus I've done the 'first BM out of the factory' thing and not willing to put up with their 'character' again). Rumours of a Triumph Daytona 1100 are just that at this stage - rumours.

So that leaves the Italians. The 1098 is WAAAY to small for my 194cm (6'4")/90kg frame and the MV too beautiful to resist.

Been drooling over an F4 312 and recent Aussie price changes might have pushed me to make a decision - pending a test ride.

So, here are the questions you've all been waiting for.
  1. Any taller riders out there? How's the bike for size, especially after a few hundred kilometres? I'm the wrong side of 40 years old, still relatively fit, but creaking bones are always a consideration.
  2. Other than the infamous heating issues, are there other problems to be aware of? Is this the type of bike that I can rely on to start every time, or do I need a support vehicle to follow me on every ride?
  3. This question is particularly aimed at Melbourne riders. Is Moto One service reliable? I have heard about First Class Motorcycles in Lillydale. Are they OK? Don't worry, I won't consider the PS place in the city.
Thanks in advance. Looking forward to hopefully making some meaningful contributions to the forum and maybe catching one or two of you out on the road one day.

Cheers,
Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 05:55 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome Aboard!

CAG
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 06:07 AM

Welcome !
I think is ok for 194cm, don't know for kilos..
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
I am 6'2" and the F4 has plenty of room. I am about 195 lbs and sometimes i wonder if the bike realizes i am even on it it pulls so hard!!

Welcome!!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 12:38 PM

Hi Rob - Im also too tall 6,5 and 210 well there is no bike comfortable for our size (sportbike anyway) but if you do buy MV you will not regret it . and WELCOME !!! Nico
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
I'm ~188cm (6'2") also and don't think I have no problem riding the F4 at all! Done 500 miles in a day on it, and this past weekend did 2 days of 100-150+ mile rides in a row. No problem
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 12:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to tim107
The taller, the better.

I'm only 174cm and it's a little harder for me to ride a F4 because it has a very long tank.
But at the end of the day, you don't buy an Italian bike for the ergonomics, you buy it with passion.
I wouldn't care too much about the seating position, riding comfort, luggage space. All I care is,
do I like this bike? That's the only question before you buy an Italian bike.

Motorcycle is more than just a transport.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 12:47 PM

Welcome and just get that damn 312R and ride it
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 01:00 PM

I'm 6'5" 220 and as stated earlier there aren't any sport bikes made for us... My knees just do tuck under the tank with the stock pegs and I've done a couple of 300 mile days with no ill effects. I have ordered the FBF rearsets, so I'm hoping with those I will get a little more leg room. I will post up once they arrive and I get them installed.

If you get this bike you will not be dissapointed!

I love the F4.

Tony

BZ Livin

2003 DRZ 400
2006 ST3S ABS
2007 F4 1000R
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 02:19 PM

Yeah get the F4 and dont look back!

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode