Today's ride (sorry no pics) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Post Today's ride (sorry no pics)

It's been a public holiday here in the UK today, and finally after a cold, damp spring, the sun shone and the temperature has risen enough to tempt droves of day trippers out to make the most of their day off.

Normally, I stay at home on these Bank Holidays, because in our crowded congested island, there are just too many people out there on the roads and frankly today was no exception. Because it's been so wet and cold recently, I haven't had much opportunity to go out on the MV, I thought I would head out regardless and so I set out this morning and took it easy to begin with as I rekindled my love affair with that flightly girlfriend otherwise known as my MV F4. As the temperature rose, the road bike that I've enjoyed riding more than any other I've owned began to feel more comfortable as I settled down and enjoyed the ride, rolling off the power into the bends and hitting the gas again just felt so special, the Michelin Power Race rubber inspired so much confidence I had a thoroughly enjoyable time, which after all is perhaps why we all love to ride motorcycles. After several coffee stops and a couple of hundred miles of fast A roads and twisty sections, I got home feeling much better than I had done when I set out.

I know there have been a few threads on 'motorcycling as therapy' here recently but I make no apologies for posting up another one. I hope you all have had a safe and fun weekend (that's motorcycling I'm talking about BTW!)

I'd like to dedicate the thread to my late friend Christian who was with me in spirit during my ride today. Sorry I messed up a few of the corners mate!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Established Member

Hi John
I must agree a fine day to finally find the edges of the dunlop qualifiers, I live near a docks so the roads were devoid of all HGV's today and I was able to pick a line through the tin chicanes.
Therapy indeed concentrates the mind.
I've just seen the forcast for the rest of the week lovely may do some commuting this week.
My son will be racing this weekend at Ellough Park in Suffolk so I will have the chance to enjoy the sunshine with only a small bit of spannering (hopefully). After 15 years of racing it will nice to relax at race meeting and not be jumping in and out leathers mixing Avgas and A747.
I think motorcycling in all its forms is therapy.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 06:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
We really are "upside down".

We await the cold weather as you await the warm weather. It is just coming up to winter which means cool mornings and glorious sunny days, fantastic..

Thanks for the read.

MVA Sydney
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 10:10 PM

New Site Garage
Great story, John...I wish you guys a sunny and warm riding season over there!

Griff
twoeleven
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Good on you John, way to go,

hope its made your mind up to keep the bike
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 10:23 AM

Way to go John, i know that feeling
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 12:33 PM

Nice one John!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 02:43 PM

managed to get out today on mine!!! it was great but boy was i rusty!!!! mind you after 20 mins the feel of slider on tarmac was brilliant!!!after nearly 8months of no riding i thought it woulda taken me longer to get to grips again , what will i be like when that thousand yard stare kicks in lol!!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 03:22 PM

I agree with your post in spirit.

I can only add that on this past Sundays ride I heard my Tamburini "speak" to me.

"she" said,"Peter don't hold me back, twist that wrist, I feel the need for speed." It is amazing how comfortable these machines are in triple digits.

Of course I reminded her that she would prefer to be at home than at the police impound. So we compromised with only a bit of titilation.

And remember...292 is

Peter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode