I cheated on my wife. - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Damn Eddie, now i am wishing i would have come down to the demo day with you!!! So which bikes did you end up riding? Did they start the CC?

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 08:51 PM

Talking

Well your lucky enough to even mount the bike ...I didn't get that far.

Pic taken after the knees had buckled and note the sheepish grin
Attached Images

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 09:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to tim107
Quote:
Originally Posted by suryad View Post
As much as I would take the DesmoRR over the CC that is still undeniably ball achingly hawt!
+1

Even though this is a MV forum. I'd much prefer a Desmo RR just because it's
Stoner Replica.

Motorcycle is more than just a transport.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:34 AM

Fast Eddie,if you had an orgasm riding any motorcycle you are truly a sad man.ITS ONLY A BIKE,get a grip.Youv'e got to much time on your hands:-)
Ciao
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

As I mentioned in another thread I went on Saturday to an MV Demo ride at Steelhorse Classics in Virginia. When I arrived the weather was very 'iffy', as in it looked like it was going to rain at any minute. Naturally, the CC stood out from all the other bikes. I signed up to be a demo rider and then headed towards the CC. I snapped two pictures of it and then I heard my name being called to ride a demo bike. I ran to my car to get my gear and left the camera in the car (important later on in the story). I hopped on an F4 1000R model (there was also a 312, Brutale S and R model available) for the ride which was being led by Mike (owner) of Steelhorse Classics. He was on a Brutale and was trying to move at a good pace for people to just get a glimpse as to what MV's are about. This is the first demo ride I have participated in and immediately found a problem.... not everyone moves at a quick pace... <cough>Harley riders<cough> The first rider behind Mike was a bit slow so the he kept looking back and slowing the pace. Well when we finally returned to the shop this rider was making a u-turn and dropped the bike. YES!!! In front of many people there was a rider and a Brutale on the ground. The Brut suffered cosmetic damage, it was tested by the Mike, and continued to be used for demo rides.

After stuffing my face with pizza, soda, chips, etc that was provided I found myself talking to Mike. I told him I would like to take the Brutale R for a ride before the day is over. Next round of demo rides (which was the last) I was on the Brute with my gear on ready to go. I look over to my right and see that the Mike is next to the CC and to my surprise he fires it up. The sound is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! He revs it a bit and inside I feel like a teenie-bopper with front row seats to a boy band concert. WAIT!!! What is he doing??? I see Mike putting on his gear and mounting the CC. "Dear God this can't be happening" Is what I'm thinking. Mike pulls out and looks over his should to tell us to follow him. I dropped the Brute into 1st gear and get behind him quicker than a bum running to the liquor store after finding a 100 dollar bill. For the next 20 or so minutes I am following a the CC!!! AMAZING!!!!!! Remember where I mentioned my camera was.... yep in the car.

When we arrived back at the shop the parking lot was pretty much empty. The rain that was coming down was must have had something to do with it. The CC got a little wet. Mike took it to the back of the shop to put it inside. When he came back around he was eating a donut and asked if I wanted one. Sure. So I am in the back of the shop, talking with Mike, and I'm still stunned at the CC being an arms length away. (We spent some time talking about the guy who dropped the Brutale earlier in the day. Doh!!! ) It was getting late and I said to myself that at the very least I have to get a picture standing next to the CC. I went to my car and got the camera and asked Mike to take my picture. He said that it would be better to take the picture outside and told me to take it outside. Uh hell yeah! He took my pic which is the one you see. He let me fire it up and ride it back in.

Having ridden the 1000R a few hours earlier the CC felt EXTREMELY light. Think of a stock R with a full tank of gas and then removing the tank and exhaust to get an idea of how light it felt. The sound is the best sound I have ever heard from a 'stock' bike in person. I will admit that the DesmoRR might sound better having heard it on a few videos that I've seen on the net but until I hear it in person the CC is the best I've heard.

As I'm heading home I call my best friend (over 25 years) to tell him about my day. He tells me to come over and take out is 1098 which he bought a few weeks back but just got his permanent tag on Friday. Can this day get any better? Actually yeah. When I return back to my buddy's house I ask him for the keys to his R1 (2004 with Termi's). I used to own an R1 but I just wanted to refresh my memory.

Saturday has to rank in the top 5 of best motorcycle days I have had in 20 plus years of riding. I hope you enjoyed my rambling. (No need to mention this but you can probably guess what my new desktop image is on my computer. )

Last edited by Fast Eddie; 04-14-2008 at 02:10 AM.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Thanks for that write up mate. Great!!!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 07:25 AM

Thank You for sharing Your Experience with us. Great Story !
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 08:13 AM
The Dude

man, that's awesome! great stuff.... !!!

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Thanks for posting Eddie, that is awesome you got to start it up and ride it. So, how long before an MV sits in your garage?

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

This weekend definitely lit a fire under my arse to get an MV. I am really, REALLY interested in the Brutale 1078R which according to the MV rep that I spoke with will be arriving mid-summer. Each dealer will get one or two of the bikes and the price appears to be around $20K, however, that could change with the value of our dollar going to crap. The other bike that has my attention is the 1000R. My opinion is that for the road and occasional trackday I can't go wrong with a 1000R, especially with the current prices and incentives on them. So it's between the those two bikes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode