Time To Buy A Bike!!!!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Time To Buy A Bike!!!!!

Well, in another month or so, but I AM IN THE MARKET, so to speak... I'll likely be financing one when I get back from the World Series of Poker in Vegas, July 15th I get home, or if the price is right, pay cash outright for a used model.

So, I dunno what to do. I say this because although I LOVED my Brutale 750, I did feel a little envy towards the 910 and liter owners. I DID long for an F4 at times, as fairings are nice to have as well. Also, the suck of buying a new model, only to have MV release another "upped" model shortly, sucks. but that's the circle of life I guess.

All practicality and real world purposes tell me to get another Brutale. Ergo's, naked-ness, all of it is the practicality in me speaking. But my desire to have an F4 look is killing me. Ideally, I would buy both, for whatever my urges do, I put a key in and use, but alas, reality strikes and I can't, lol.

Also, there's a KTM dealer literally around the corner from me. He's the contractor for Disney, and they get KTMs directly from HIM anytime Disney uses motorcycles in thier films, stunt shows, etc.. So, the think of a Superduke, or that RC8 is VERY VERY enticing. I would have THE service center near me, and would be good to go as far as maintenance goes, something I DON'T have with MV. But I have the feeling I will be longing for another MV shortly after???

I want a BMW, but the same thing about maintenance and parts arrises again, and although when I owned my MV, I thought it was a minor inconvenience, the reality of it is, it's a MAJOR inconvenience. I was thinking with my heart, and not my head.

So, any recomendations? I greatly appreciate any opinions lended!

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Big Randaddy

You do realize, Nate, that this is an MV forum? BMW's and KTM's are great second bikes......

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 07:18 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
get thee a 910 Brutale.

CAG
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 08:10 PM

Get a 910 Brutale with the 1078 Brutales start to hit the showroom. About a month or two?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 08:49 PM

if you were to buy a Bimmer which one would you get? the R1200S? thats the one i would get, or depending on how it looks their new liter class superbike.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 08:58 PM
The Dude

good to see you back around nate.

You should give the KTM Supermoto a definite look. You'll probably fit pretty well on it.... not as compact as the brutale. Give it a go I say....

that said, you won't get nearly as many envious looks as you would on a brute!

that and you'd probably miss us more than anything if you found some ktm forum instead.... !

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 08:36 AM

I rode the KTM Super Duke and it rocked my world! What an awesome bike.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:12 AM

If it's not the MV get the RC8
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:30 AM

Glad to see your back! I agree with Allen, Wait and get the 910 after the new one's hit the floors. Keep us posted.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
If it's not the MV get the RC8
+1

The RC8 looks sweet. I'd fancy one of those..

If you loved the Brutale, definitely try out the 910... prices have come down quite a bit. IMO there are few enough 1078 brutales that will go around to not have prices dip like they have before..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode