Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 05:15 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Translation:

M & C a discount on cash waiting for new deal

FTA Online News

For Management & Capital, an investment company formed in 2005, 2008 should be the year of change. They are indeed two, as evidenced by indiscretions of the press dossier being advanced that the company led by Carlo De Benedetti is considering carefully.
The first relates to the acquisition of Agusta Mv, historic home of motorcycles, in serious financial crisis. The company led by Claudio Castiglioni it needs new financial resources before the situation precipiti, lacking the money to pay suppliers. M & C would come out with an offer from 50 million euros (through a capital increase reserved) along with Sanpaolo Intesa. For now Castiglioni would not support this proposal because too diluirebbe its current share.
The second is to Roots Film, the third European company and the sixth worldwide in the production of polypropylene films biorientato, material used in the production of plastic packaging for food products. The deal would be about 200 million euros.
Password but it is prudence. The current situation of financial markets after credit crunch with the relevant restrictions credit to companies from the banking system, determines a scenario more investment opportunities. However, the difficulty to finance potential acquisitions induce private funds to greater caution and selectivity, with the effects of multiple scale exploitation of possible targets.
In the next meeting of shareholders, scheduled to end in April in the first convocation, will be changing the current system of corporate governance by the adoption of a traditional system. This as a result of entry capital SeconTip (second member of M & C with 6% from March), group companies drums Investiment Partners and the subsequent transformation into private equity company.
Meanwhile, the new year started off on the right foot. M & C because in the first two months has achieved a gross capital gain of 5.2 Mln Euro in a total initial investment of 15.1 million euros thanks to the acquisition of rights Tiscali then resold on the market next tear on the upside.
What is certain is that M & C now offers a unique opportunity more rare. At the closing price Friday (0.70. Euros) it allows you to buy for cash equivalents (0746). If one considers that the company has in the stomach 68% Saiag-Comital (paid 45 million euros) and 60 million euros of bonds convertible Tiscali and 33 mln euros of bonds Treofan discount on Nav (0996 euros per share) is equal to 29.7%.
According to statements by the management in the Assembly on December 19, 2007, M & C would have made application to the Italian stock market to move in bargaining continues. Choosing that would most interest to the title and that would allow a more adequate evaluation. (R.V.)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 08:49 AM

I still fail to see how a brand like MV can barely stay in business. Their bikes cost a ton I doubt it costs that much to make. THey move an ok amount of bikes...and given the price tag I dont get it. I guess I am just naive. Ducati is in the same boat too and their bikes are the bees knees as well...but look at them! THey are sponsoring BSB, WSBK, Motogp teams! I dont get it!

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Established Member

I'm pretty sure Ducati sell a lot more bikes. However, for many years they also struggled and I think it was only when they eventually obtained significant investment that they were able to turn it around. If a business has enough capital it can usually be run far more efficiently for a whole host of reasons. The capital also allows greater promotion and therefore increased sales which, again given the correct capital investment, allows more efficient manufacturing!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
I run a small business, and while MV is not a small business, cash flow is always so important. you know what they say, cash is king, and if they don't have enough to pay suppliers they either need to cut some fat (cut down on costs) or cut some muscle (let employees go, or cut back on executive salaries). Either way, they can make all the bikes they want, but if they don't sell, they don't have the money in the bank to pay the bills. Lets hope they get their stuff together, or find someone with some deep pockets!!! We will see

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 11:35 AM
i am sure they will have something up their sleeves.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode