Great service @ GP Motorcycles in SD - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Great service @ GP Motorcycles in SD

I just wanted to give huge thanks and recommendation to GP Motorcycles in San Diego. I live in LA and dislike the local dealer so have taken my bike to San Diego a few times for regular service - always with friendly results. They will also pick up and deliver the bike for a reasonable price which is fantastic from any dealer, let alone one 2.5 hours away. Anyway - just thought I'd give them their due here on the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 12:51 PM

I've also thought about making the drive there myself. But, Spectrum Ducati in Irvine recently became an authorized MV dealer.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Ah - good to know! There was a dealer in Brea a few years ago (the Triumph place?) but I never went. Have you been to Spectrum yet?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 03:10 PM

The dealer in Brea is Southern California Ducati (where I got my 1098) but they don't carry MV. I tried to get them two since I really wanted another alternative. There's also another MV dealer in Escondid (still a bit far).

I've never been to Spectrum but when I called them about three weeks ago (3.7K service), they said they were just getting set up on the service side and got their sales bikes only a few days earlier.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

If you call GP and talk to Matt in service he can pick-up and deliver back to Glendale. Amazing really, and he is just a first class nice guy too. Heh, I know I sound like a PR flack here, but for me the customer service experience is pretty important and so far I have been very happy w/ everyone in SD. They are even tackling some work on my '77 MV - pretty cool for a dealership.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 06:45 PM

The last time I was in GP Motorcycles was September of 1997 and I had just gotten out of the USMC. They did a lot of the work on my 1996 Monster. Those cats at GP were always top notch and I would be going back if I lived anywhere near Socal. Unfortunately I'm in Philadelphia.

Cheers to GP!

SS
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 07:05 PM

Just a follow up. Any other experiences with GP (especially this pick up service) I'm less than 1,000 miles away from the 7.5K service. GP's charging $700 vs. $1100 by my local for service. And $400 is worth the 2 hour coastal ride for me. I'll probably be riding down there around Christmas/New Years.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 09:28 AM

ya GP is good, dunno about the pickup though. Spectrum is good too, talk to Adrian their service manager.

'08 F4R312
'06 Brutale 910
'06 Triumph Daytona 675 - track
'04 Ducati ST4s sold
'05 Ducati Monster S2R 800 sold
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 09:54 AM

I get all my work done by those guys. Got my husky thru them, and do most of my aprilia work there. Top notch and they're great people

They're also the backers of the USA husky supermoto teams

MotoForza in escondido is also pretty good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode