n e c - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

n e c

went to nec to look at the new bikes and heres what i thought of them the new fireblade is ugly the zx10 is cheap and nasty the new gixxer 6 n 750 are very nice and small also liked the hannspree paint job on the cbr 6 the ktm rc 8 will probably grow on me some nice touches to it but very cheap plastic f/guard n hugger , i liked the 1098r ducati looked very nice indeed as did the 848, also liked the bmw hp2 race rep , wouldnt mind a ride on that! skidmarx are doing mv replacement road fairings and screen for £395 and seat unit for £125 + race fairings and lots of various parts for mvs , look at their website ! also saw xbikes race mv on display.........well sort of , on the speedycom stand, it was hid in a corner and you could only see the rear of the bike has the front was covered in boxes and rubbish, and this was the only mv there , not very good is it. but i did manage to pick up a couple of xbikes posters for me garage, there was a few bargains to be had on the stalls but overall i thought it was a very poor affair, the suzuki stand was the best in show with a vast array of bikes from mgp to moto cross
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 03:00 PM

Yes, a few of my mates went along on Friday and they said it was a poor show. Did you get a look at the Ducati RR ?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

yes i did and thought it was lovely!!!!! but an mv it aint lol there was also a good 1098 on the speedycom stand and i had me piccy taken on rutters north west 2oo race bike!!
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicensleazy
Yes, a few of my mates went along on Friday and they said it was a poor show. Did you get a look at the Ducati RR ?
I looked at the 1098R.......where do they get the £24000 price tag from? it certainly isn't £10000 more bike than a 1098S, it even has plastic fairings still.
I didn't like the kTM, odd because I like Superdukes, the BMW had some trick bits on it, the Desmosedici was VERY poorly finished-read shite, which I thought a great shame, I liked the Translogic dash on the Harris bikes and at only just over £400 would certainly update the MV.
I did manage to take my old Corsair to the Arai race truck though, they fitted a new neck piece FOC as early Corsais had 'dry cool' lining that went very scruffy
Attached Images

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

that was very good of em!! i too wasnt impresed with the desmocidici although i think the ktm might grow onme but.............................
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 09:42 PM

Thumbs up

Overall I enjoyed the show, though was disappointed with the little support from the Italian mob, No MV's nor Aprilia stands for another year! was surprised at the price reduction for the Benelli Tornado a brand new Italian sports bike for less than 7 grand! with all the early faults ironed out, originally on sale for nearly 12 grand, nice!
Pedrosa's Honda Moto GP was stunning, Stoner's Ducati was tacky in comparison, wasn't really impressed with the finish on the Desmo RR, though you are getting a lot of serious kit for your money. There was an excellent stunt display worth seeing (behind the big black screens) & did you notice the Buell course? where you could ride their bikes around an obstacle course, that was cool. I'd had my eye on some new riding gear at a local store for 2008 & was pleased to be able to purchase some great bargains at the show, I've never been to Milan or Tokyo or any other international show, so cannot compare though expect greater support there from the Italians, is there any particular reason why they don't display in the UK?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 01:31 AM

First I have heard the Desmosedici wasn't jaw dropping gorgeous and impeccable. Here in the States that is the word at the shows. They are also noting, as observed at the NEC, how impressive the HP2 Sport is in person.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson
They are also noting, as observed at the NEC, how impressive the HP2 Sport is in person.
Yes, looking forward to seeing one of those in the flesh

SENNA 070/300
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broms
Yes, looking forward to seeing one of those in the flesh
Try this to keep you going...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...b9001a1d55.htm

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

cthanks for the link mike , couple of things about the bmw tho, firstly it is a very tall bike!! so no good for us shorties, i actually sat on it and could just tippytoe touch!! also the front light looks like its off a suzuki k1-3 suzuki, and lastly the price £14500!!!! for a bike i dont think will be able to cut it with the lastest crop of twins never mind the fours , 1st test in mcn next week ..........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode