good lid painters in the uk? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Question good lid painters in the uk?

Hey dudes, i hope someone out there can recomened a very good helmet painter / artist. i am thinking of re newing my arai, but i want something individual looking, but similar to my mv paint work. any help appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 02:02 AM

Where are you based?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 08:03 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallis
Hey dudes, i hope someone out there can recomened a very good helmet painter / artist. i am thinking of re newing my arai, but i want something individual looking, but similar to my mv paint work. any help appreciated.
Hi

I use richard at http://www.richartconcepts.co.uk/ for many years, and have always been very pleased.. Richard also does some of the official Arai design replica lids.. Give him a bell [ pardon the pun] , he's a nice and real proper guy to deal with..

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS
Hi

I use richard at http://www.richartconcepts.co.uk/ for many years, and have always been very pleased.. Richard also does some of the official Arai design replica lids.. Give him a bell [ pardon the pun] , he's a nice and real proper guy to deal with..
Was just about to ask the same question...and being Birmingham based is good for me!
Cheers,
Tont

The wife said "Go buy some Art"...
...................__O
................_-\<,_\
...............(_)/ (_)
I bought art.....MV Art!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 02:36 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tont
Was just about to ask the same question...and being Birmingham based is good for me!
Cheers,
Tont
This is a the rear view of my lid, and the sides are in a red flap effect on one side & green flag effect on the other ...
Attached Images

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the info, i will phone tomorow, i live in the coleshill area. that lid has some nice detail what did it cost?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 06:22 PM

I phoned Richart when I wanted my helmet painted, they are very good, but the prices are very high, he told me a basic design or starting price is about £420

I settled for Rage design in Warrington, he paints all the Airwaves stuff, race bikes, and a lot of Ducati replica's for main dealers (JHP, Manchester, Leeds etc) he charged me about £200, but as with all things and as nice as my lid is, you do get what you pay for with painters...........

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 08:34 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallis
thanks for the info, i will phone tomorow, i live in the coleshill area. that lid has some nice detail what did it cost?
Hi Wallis..

It wasn't cheap, but there is a great deal of detail and visual effects in the design that can't be seen just by looking at the picture posted..

I supplied him with a new Black coloured Arai lid and we sat down for quite sometime discussing the design, before I was happy for him to go ahead..

The final price was as MikeF4UK mentioned £420 all in.. I would consider that my design is not straight forward, and Richard took a lot of time getting it just right.. There is no decals involved, and what you see is all paint..

At the end of the day, you have to go with what your budget allows..

Word of advise.. It sometimes works out £20 cheaper if you supply Richard with a pain White lid, as there is less prep involved.. Don't ask me why !!
Attached Images

EMAIL :
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS
Word of advise.. It sometimes works out £20 cheaper if you supply Richard with a pain White lid, as there is less prep involved.. Don't ask me why !!
Richart told me to get a white lid as otherwise he has to paint them white to draw the design on............then Rage told me to buy a black one as all the trim, (vents etc) are also black and he would rather not paint the vents
all a bit
Attached Images

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Last edited by mikef4uk; 12-03-2007 at 11:36 AM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 01:37 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Hey Mike..

Go figure ??.. You know these artists are sensitive souls.. Ha,ha

Like your design... Very much "The Doctor" Rossiesque stylie..

I see you went down the MV logo route... I kept away from that option, in case I got pissed off with the brand, and got something else.. Mind you, you wouldn't believe how ofter that thought runs through my mind..

I'd get some strange looks from the Bologna twin mob if I wore another Itailan branded lid...

I have no brand loyalties at present, and I think it's the best way to remain ...

EMAIL :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode