Road side protections... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Road side protections...

I know this has nothing to be with MV'S, but I think is an important question for all bikers.
Here in Spain there is a big social movement against the roads side protections goverment is using for the last 40-50 years and still. This protections are real "blades" for bikers and I would like to show on Spanish forums the protections on another countries...maybe this way someone feels embarased and starts doing something against this situation. For you to have a close idea of what I'm talking about I send some pictures and would apreciate if you send some of the ones instaled normally on your countries. Any coments will be apreciated.

Thank you so much.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 03:32 PM

I know that MCN done a few articles about the same subject. However, I can't see things changing for the moment. Armco is certainly used for vehicles and HGV's etc. Obviously not that great for bikers on an off, but what other methods did you have in mind. Speaking about cars, vans, lorries and HGV, Armco offers flexability for motorists. However, concrete does not give in an impact. Modern day motorways are not bike friendly, holes, subsidence and large cracks. Not to mention bad tar banding and smooth surface where the tarmac has been removed. Combined with too much traffic and crap driving skills, its sheer madness!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 03:45 PM

Those are the same thing used here in the States as well.

I agree with Sleazy its just not safe and I dont see things changing anytime soon.

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Established Member

Those cable barriers work well for cars. But for us it's slice and dice. I always think of them , it keeps my cornering speed in check.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

I know in most European countries they are using extra protection, not changing the actual ones, but increasing them to the bottom. It is not the best solution but certanly they safe more lifes than the actual vertical "blades"...
Attached Images

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 08:16 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERROMAN
I know in most European countries they are using extra protection, not changing the actual ones, but increasing them to the bottom. It is not the best solution but certanly they safe more lifes than the actual vertical "blades"...
Somehow, I'd rather hit those than these below...Ortega Highway, Elsinore side, there is a massive cliff on the other side, but don't worry...You will be julienned into fine ribbons by the guardrail, and then your pieces will float gently back to earth like leaves.

This style is EVERYWHERE...Best strategy: Don't crash.

Griff
twoeleven

Last edited by twoeleven; 11-24-2007 at 08:20 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:59 AM
Established Member

We have the steel ropes in Australia - sort of works like a cheese cutter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode