Helmets - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 109 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Helmets

So what kind of helmets do you all have? I have been an Arai guy for awhile, the corsair med. fits great, but I have been thinking about getting something different. I am just curious how you all would rate your helmets..

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 109 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80
I have been an Arai guy for awhile, the corsair med. fits great, but I have been thinking about getting something different. .
Me too. I've got 4 or 5 Arai (Quantums and Corsairs). I just switched to a Shoei X11, and I think I'm done. Very pleased with the Shoei and how it fits my melon head.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #3 of 109 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Really? You like the Shoei better than the Arai?

post #4 of 109 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80
Really? You like the Shoei better than the Arai?
VEEERY SUBJECTIVE ANSWER, but yes. I think the quality is equal, but I really like the ratcheting face shield and how easy it is to remove/replace versus the Arai. The Corsair is very light, but very noisy for me. I do think that head shape makes a huge difference in all helmet questions. I really don't think that there is any wrong answer between the high end Arai and the high end Shoei. Personal preference should rule. Comments, guys?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #5 of 109 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa
VEEERY SUBJECTIVE ANSWER, but yes. I think the quality is equal, but I really like the ratcheting face shield and how easy it is to remove/replace versus the Arai. The Corsair is very light, but very noisy for me. I do think that head shape makes a huge difference in all helmet questions. I really don't think that there is any wrong answer between the high end Arai and the high end Shoei. Personal preference should rule. Comments, guys?

The face shield is something about Arai that has pissed me off many times before. This is why I am thinking of getting something else.. Like the Shoei X-11. I need to go to the store and try some on.. but coming from someone that has both, you would go with the Shoei rather than the Arai.

Looks like I will have to go to cycle gear to try some helmets on...

post #6 of 109 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 08:46 PM

I've got both Arai and Shoei. The Shoei is quieter, and yes -- the faceshield is MUCH easier to swap out when I have to put a clear one on for a night ride.

I prefer the Shoei over the Arai.... it feels just a tad more "solid" to me, too.
post #7 of 109 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 09:28 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I've been using a Shark RSR2 or Rs2R or something. I just picked up an Arai from a Forum member and it is quite comfortable. I probably won't be able to give it a test until the spring

CAG
post #8 of 109 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 11:35 PM
The Machinist

I've tried Shoei, Arai, KBC, but by far the Suomy Extreme is the best helmet I have ever had.

The Corsair is nice with all the air but is very noisy, and I'm sorry to say but I just don't think the build quality is on par with that of the Suomy. The plastic peices always seem so cheesy and flimsy.

The KBC is the worst helmet I've ever owned. Piece of junk.

My dad just bought a new Suomy Vandal and loves it. I tried it on (we wear the same size) and was very comfy. It fit just like my Extreme. nice fabric and all, just dosn't hurt the wallet as much.

I really would like to try an AGV. not the ti-tech but the one right below it? I have heard though that it fits a more oval head.

I love nice kit.
post #9 of 109 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Harris
I've tried Shoei, Arai, KBC, but by far the Suomy Extreme is the best helmet I have ever had.

The Corsair is nice with all the air but is very noisy, and I'm sorry to say but I just don't think the build quality is on par with that of the Suomy. The plastic peices always seem so cheesy and flimsy.

The KBC is the worst helmet I've ever owned. Piece of junk.

My dad just bought a new Suomy Vandal and loves it. I tried it on (we wear the same size) and was very comfy. It fit just like my Extreme. nice fabric and all, just dosn't hurt the wallet as much.

I really would like to try an AGV. not the ti-tech but the one right below it? I have heard though that it fits a more oval head.

I love nice kit.
I love nice kit too..addicted, one could say
I had a Suomy Extreme for 2 days....sold it...just didnt fit my head properly, abliet, I probably picked one size too small...it seemed to fit, just grabbed my forehead too tight. It was just too painful to break in....and it was bloody noisy....noisy as the Corsair, easily.
Arai Corsair fits my head better...got 2 of them.
The fit is perfect, the lining and comfort is unmatched. They are noisy, but it's a race helmet, light and awsome ventilation....

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 109 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 12:28 AM

I like the fit of the Corsair too. Really liked the McCoy replica. I'm just waiting to see what the 2008 replicas are going to be.

I'm not worried about the noise, that can be fixed with earplugs. More noise generally equals more ventilation...and that is important in West Oz.

SENNA 070/300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode