Dyno - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Dyno

Just had my MV 1000 S placed on the dyno today. its making 165 BHP, be interested to know how it compares with other 1000 S model.

Last edited by nicensleazy; 11-17-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
That is the exact number my bike put down when i had it dynoed. Have fun with all those ponies!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 12:36 PM

mine must be shit then x bikes did mine n i think it was 155bhp!!!! with race filter exhausts n power commander!!! unless me memory is failing me!!!are u there chris?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Smile

Mine was 162 I think after fitting the BMC filter, Ti zorsts and removing the cat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
I also should have listed my mods, exhaust, ceramic coated from headers back, BMC filter, no cat, powercomander and custom map.

What do you guys think of going back and having another map done when the bike has more miles on it. Will that produce more power or allow for a better tune?

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 05:23 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilboy
mine must be shit then x bikes did mine n i think it was 155bhp!!!! with race filter exhausts n power commander!!! unless me memory is failing me!!!are u there chris?
it's not shit mate, i have a 5% descrepency here on my dyno which i'm trying to get sorted but basically every bike i run shows 5% down. i tested a few bikes back to back with a dyno truck here and we came in at exactly 5% out every time.

do the quick maths on yours and it puts it at around 163bhp so about right.

the descrepency is down to a software glitch over correcting the drum and eddy current mass, however because i've set so many biks up with this problem i'm not sure whether to get it fixed or just notify everyone at the time, if i get it fixed then every bike that i have run previous to getting it fixed becomes useless and that could mean ruling out maybe a thousand bikes or so...........the whole lot becomes pointless uncomparable data, not too keen on losing that amount of information for the sake of some numbers on a graph.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 05:51 AM

New Site Garage
163 I think. With RG3 and Rapid Bike. Without it was exactly the same, but with the power curve and torque curve were much higher all the way except at the top.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 07:43 AM

yea now i remember u saying , told ya im gettin old n memory fades lol still blasted a zx10 goin to sherburn cafe a few weeks ago, didnt half make him jump!!!!! gave me a dark look when he came into car park a few mins after me n saw it was a lil old dude that had zapped him hehe hehe
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicensleazy
Just had my MV 1000 S placed on the dyno today. its making 165 BHP, be interested to know how it compares with other 1000 S model.
Was this a completely stock bike? If so, the dyno is reading very high.

I'm not going to give a "dyno 101" class but drivetrain loss is either non existant on your bike or the dyno is reading about 12-15% high.

MV claims 166 crank hp for that bike....drivetrain loss of 12-15% should give a reading of 144 -151 RWHP.

So, without a chart to see what kind of dyno, what gear the pull was done in, correction factor used, rear tire pressure what mods done etc. it is hard to compare.

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfuel
Was this a completely stock bike? If so, the dyno is reading very high.

I'm not going to give a "dyno 101" class but drivetrain loss is either non existant on your bike or the dyno is reading about 12-15% high.

MV claims 166 crank hp for that bike....drivetrain loss of 12-15% should give a reading of 144 -151 RWHP.

So, without a chart to see what kind of dyno, what gear the pull was done in, correction factor used, rear tire pressure what mods done etc. it is hard to compare.

Full RG3's , cat removed with dyno and custom map.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode