Dyno jet v Dyno pro - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Dyno jet v Dyno pro

Anyone know the difference between Dyno jet and Dyno pro. Two different companies but how do they compare ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 05:21 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicensleazy
Anyone know the difference between Dyno jet and Dyno pro. Two different companies but how do they compare ?
the biggest one is that dyno jet are american and dyno pro are UK based.

comparison between the two is not really fair in some respects because dynojet were around years ago and have been credited with the invention of the chassis bike dyno............

Dyno pro however have built up a strong reputation in a relatively short space of time and will no doubt soon be offering other tuning solutions for bikes other than just a wide range of dyno's

dyno pro you can speak to the man that designs things and knows the product inside out. dynojet is just so big that this ain't really likely to happen.

If dyno pro were around when i was buying my dyno i'm not sure what i would have tbh but at the time dyno jet offered the best after sales back up and tuition compared to the fuchs dyno which imo randomly picks numbers out the air and then equates it to some unknown area of the bike. i.e. i've seen a 1200 bandit graph that showed 122bhp at the wheel with a can fitted and 140bhp+ at the crank. utter bollocks imo, of all the 1200 bandits i have ever seen from the 96-2000 showed around 105bhp max with a can. so this to me was an unreliable source of information and not one i was prepared to build a reputation on.

your best bet is probably to speak to dyno pro and ask what ever questions you have. nice people and willing to talk to you.

the dyno pro is used as a control dyno for mini twin racing and results gained on that are very very comparable with what i get here so when i tune an SV650 to be within the hp limit i'm fairly safe in what i do and don't end up inwittingly building an illegal bike.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X81
. i've seen a 1200 bandit graph that showed 122bhp at the wheel with a can fitted and 140bhp+ at the crank. utter bollocks imo, of all the 1200 bandits i have ever seen from the 96-2000 showed around 105bhp max with a can. so this to me was an unreliable source of information and not one i was prepared to build a reputation on.
Thats the problem with dyno's and their operators etc, most people would take their bikes/cars to a dyno that SHOWED a higher hp figure, you could be the most honest and best tuner of bikes in the world, BUT if Joe Bloggs sets up next door and claims (and shows) higher hp figures than you, he will get a lot of gullable people queuing outside his door,

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 07:19 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
Thats the problem with dyno's and their operators etc, most people would take their bikes/cars to a dyno that SHOWED a higher hp figure, you could be the most honest and best tuner of bikes in the world, BUT if Joe Bloggs sets up next door and claims (and shows) higher hp figures than you, he will get a lot of gullable people queuing outside his door,
sad but true. the example i ssted witht e 1200 bandit did actually happen.

guy came in with this bike having had it set up on a fuchs dyno and thought it didn't feel right so asked me to run it, sure enough it was waaaay off but showed 105 ish bhp on mine where as hew had a graph from the fuchs of over 120bhp, i rejetted it and found about 6 or 8bhp from memory, nice improvement in the midrange and smoothed it nicely. he was livid that i hadn't shown this 120+bhp so i asked him to test ride it and then comment.

he came back saying the bike was now unridable cos it wheelied everywhere where as before he had to pull the bars in 2nd to get it to lift he did conceed that it must be better but couldn't undertsand how it could be that much better at 113bhp when last week it showed 120+bhp on the fuchs dyno but didn't feel nice to ride or as powerfull.

i smiled politely and got on with some work, he was a nice guy but genuinly confused by the difference in dyno's, to him a dyno was a dyno and i can see his point to an extent but the ultimate proof always comes in riding the bike after set up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode