Italian vs Japanese bikes - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Angry Italian vs Japanese bikes

Hi all,

I have read lots of R1 forum who are trying to say their bike are the best .... They have this thinking that Bikes in contention for podium are the best.

Italian bikes are nothing but a big trash... they are only best in terms of price and nothing else.

one of their quotes :

you can't prove why they are superior. Then maybe you can highlight points which you think that a good bike should constitute of? Oooh, being pricey, flunked sales, ownership transfers now and then. Is that it? No offence, but you don't make sense. Give me some solid reflections of their superiority.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 01:00 PM

New Site Garage
Well... maybe they should ask the R1 owner who couldn't keep up with my MV. He just couldn't believe my bike was stock at the time...

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #3 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 01:13 PM

It always comes down to the riders, not the bikes. Arguing whether one bike is better than another is senseless, let alone arguing on nationality. But, where the rider is constant, as in magazine tests, it has to be said that most seem to end up pulling better times on the Japanese 1000s. The question is, which is better FOR YOU?

Si
post #4 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 01:29 PM

Nobody will ever get it until they ride one. For at least a few days.

Or, at least ride a bike that felt far superior to anything else they've ever ridden.

There's no use arguing.

I would be one of the people standing up saying all this expensive european exotica was total crap if it really was. Some of it is. These particular bikes aren't.

(This from a former owner of a twitchy, poorly suspended R1.)

'01 F4S
post #5 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 01:33 PM

Seems to me most of the time it's the Japanese sportbike fans that are trying to put down the Italian sportbikes; the Italian lovers don't bother with the comparisons. The trouble is, although the Japanese manufacturers can build a damn fine sportbike, it's lacking soul... or art. It's a great machine and of course it'll move you to grin like a schoolboy under the helmet when it's full-tilt on some curvy mountain road or track. My MV not only does THAT in spades; but I get chills looking at her in the garage. I've got a strong pride in ownership. I'm unique to the rest of what's out on the road on any given Saturday or Sunday morning. And that's a feeling I've never gotten from any Japanese bike I've owned.
post #6 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 01:33 PM

I can't be asked, sorry!
post #7 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 01:55 PM

What country makes the bikes of the past 2 years winners of Masterbike? --> Italy.
post #8 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 01:59 PM

I guess we'd have a better argument if an Italian manufacturer would some World Superbike races. Maybe someday
post #9 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I can sum it up in a sentance.....at a big party last Saturday night with many motorcycle types in attendance. All the women and young girls were drawn to my Brutale over all the other bikes there. Most of the guys too, but who cares.

This comment from a gorgeous 18 year old sums it up best:..."That's the sexiest bike here".

So who cares about fast, etc...it's the "Motorcycle Art" that drew the women that makes it the better bike.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #10 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 02:03 PM

In terms of fuel injection I think we are all in agreement that the Japanese have the Italians beat at this present time. Suzuki owns the fuel injection crown right now. But in terms of chasis/suspension/feedback/handling the Italians are King. The MV motor isnt bad. Its actually really one of its strong points besised the chasis. The only thing lacking which in my opinion would make the bike faultless is the fueling. They need to take some notes from Suzuki and figure something out to get the fueling spot on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode