Sydney Bike Show - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Sydney Bike Show

Hi all,

I just went to the Sydbney Motorcycle show and thought I would fire off some observations. I know it is only days before Milan , so no new MV's. The importer is leaving for Italy tomorrow and was very tight lipped so would not divulge anything. He did say there is a F4 replacement (well update) but he thinks that will be in 2008. He thinks just some upgrades for now, and the F3 is a definate as is the supermono but he thinks 2008 also.

Anyway lets see.

The Desmocedici was there, and yes it is sensational for sure. They are still taking orders, and any one who gets one will not be dissapointed, a true Moto Gp replica. Actually I liked the Hypermotard the best, I could see that next to the F4 as a fun bike. The 1098 (no R) is great but again just not enticing me, don't know why?

There are some real weirdo's coming out. The Moto Guzzis, mate, I don't know what they are trying to achieve but YUK!
The new Aprilia Tuona is getting real sharp, I like it a lot better now, and the new nakeds, the Shiver Twins (I think) look really good and should sell well.
There is a lot of new KTM's and they seem to be targeting the real young gang who have grown up on their dirt range, wait till you see the new 690 motard thing, very cool.
Some new BMW 's such as the dual purpose look interesting, I am thinking of an adventure type bike, but would probably go with a KTM., but good on BMW for expanding their range.
The Harleys had some nice new models (cosmetic of course but well done), but the new Buell is an abomination. I can't understand how something like that can be released in 2007, pity because I admire the engineering.Shocking.
The new big sport Japanese bikes look very similar to the current ones. I am sure they will be better but a big Yawn, except the new CBR 1000RR. Firstly I will say they will Zillions, but Honda could have really made it exceptional. As it is it is plain ugly but again, sure to be good to ride.
Talking about ugly, you have to see the Suzuki BKing to believe it. I actually laughed out loud. It is THE WORST bike I have ever seen, it is just WRONG!
By the way the Moto Morini's were there with the new Benelli's. The MM were very nice, That was a really nice naked twin, if you are in that market.

So after wondering around, kicking tyres, jumping on and off bikes I eventually made it to the MV stand. Yeah I know they are "old" designs, but they are still stunning. The CC was there and drew bigger crowds than even the Desmocedici. It is simply stunning, and takes your breath away.I went back 3 times to stare.
MV had a Brutale Corse which was very nice, I saw my first pearl white 312R and it is stunning also, they had a Senna, a new Brutale R etc , you get the idea. To listen to the dreamers talking about MV made me feel real special.

I went to the show with 3 aims. I am looking at a new Dirt bike, and the new KTM or Husqvarna (now fuel injected) got my votes.
I am looking at an adventure bike and the KTM 690 or BMW 650 gets my attention.
I am also thinking about upgrading the F4100S. The 312R would be the only one. But I was advised to wait a bit to see what MV say over the coming few months, so will do.

Bikes of the show?, No doubt the Ducati Desmocedici (a True GP replica if you want that), and the MV CC (A true styling work of art, if you want that), the CC even made the evening news.

One thing is for sure, we, bike, riders have never had it so good!

A bit of a ramble, but let's see what Milan shows up...bring it on.

Cheers

MVA Sydney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 05:45 AM

Talking

Pics MVA pics!

You'd make a fine journalist, but we need pics!

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozboy
Pics MVA pics!

You'd make a fine journalist, but we need pics!
agreed!

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 07:22 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the 'ramble' MVA, I enjoyed it even without the pics...

SENNA 070/300
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 08:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broms
Thanks for the 'ramble' MVA, I enjoyed it even without the pics...

+1

you still got time to post pics though, as we wait with interest
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 06:13 PM

I'm heading there today. Will take the camera. On another note I've pretty much decided to sell the SPR to get a pearl white 312 so if anyone in Oz is interested in SPR 195, drop me a PM and we might be able to sort something out. I intend listing it this week on bikesales and bikepoint at $29,500.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 02:17 AM

I went today, with my camera, and got some good shots. will upload them all over the next few days and show you all
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 03:58 AM

Some pics from the bikeshow today....

Apologies for the crap camera work.
Attached Images

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 04:14 AM

Your pics are great, thanks Troz.

I like the Brutale Corse, looks cool.

SENNA 070/300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode