Great Ride, Super Friend! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Talking Great Ride, Super Friend!

Have any of you noticed that when you have an MV other bikers are willing to hand over their keys straight away to let you have a test ride on their bike??

In fact there was a thread a while back about letting people ride your own bike, but generally if I trust someone and offer over my keys they're too afraid and say no thanks! Anyway here's a little story for ya...

About a month ago my mate Jamie and I swapped over and tore off up the road. I was behind him on his R1 and at around ?40mph I saw a big crow swoop down in front of him, followed by feathers going everywhere. "Oh SH?T" I thought, "My bike's got no front end anymore...and I've just sold a headlight glass on ebay too!" So we pull over and the bike is miraculously OK - but the mess nearly makes us vomit. One half of the bird is in an air tube, the other is in his lap and his visor is blacked out with blood!!!! He felt so guilty he could hardly speak - I had to insist that it wasn't his fault!

Now the thing is that Jamie has never, ever let anyone ride one of his bikes. He says that this sort of thing is exactly why its a bad idea - plus he doesn't trust anybody! So imagine my surprise when this weekend he gives me his beloved 1990 Yamaha OW01 for the whole day. He was about to go out with my dad and I, when we noticed that a flat spot on my dad's rear tyre (what have you been up to dad?!) was getting too bad to ride with, so he offered to stay at my place all day watching DVDs while I use his and my dad uses mine !!

JAMIE: THANK YOU THAT WAS A TREMENDOUS THING TO DO!

To put it into perspective some more, there are fewer OW01s than R7s. Its the bike Foggy rode in his epic battle with Hislop at the TT and we recently met John McGuiness, who didn't give a monkeys about my MV but raved over Jamies OW!

Well I've got to say I'm in love with it now and wish it was mine. Its raw, it overheats in traffic, it shoots out flames and pops, bangs & farts ALL the time. What a bike. I took it easy at first and the ride got steadily faster. The noise was very different but quite addictive and so was the handling, which made more sense as the pace picked up a bit. I had to hold back all the time cos it wanted to play and this was not my bike!!!

It turned out to be one of those rides that was just so satisfying and I'll never forget it!

Back on my own machine though, the progression is amazing and therefore I'm not saying I'll do him a permanent swap just yet. Ha Ha.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search
(Pics of the yam in my gallery).
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisysilmotoman
[B] so he offered to stay at my place all day watching DVDs while I use his and my dad uses mine !!
You must have a pretty sister or something

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
You must have a pretty sister or something
No I've got an ugly brother!

(Just kidding Dave if you see this! )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode