Latest rumor..MV Single - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Latest rumor..MV Single

This from October 24 edition of Cycle News, Alan Cathcart reporting from Europe (sorry, no link...I will transcribe the article):

There's another new MV Agusta street bike in the pipeline, due to make its public debut even before the arrival of the company's three-cylinder 675cc Supersport contender in the marketplace.
It's the first MV Agusta single for more than 40 years, which is due to debut at the 2008 Milan Show - having already made it's entree wearing the Cagiva badge at last November's EICMA display. Yes, it's the acclaimed Cagiva Mito 500, which appeared there a year ago - fitted with a 510cc Husqvarna single-cam off-road motor, with styling by the Michelangelo of motorcycling, Massimo Tamburini.
A lot has happened in the past year, including the sale of Husqvarna to BMW, which has effectively cut off the supply of HVA motors, while MV president Claudio Castiglioni has inked a deal with Kinetic in India to manufacture Cagiva models off shore - specifically the Mito entry-level sportbike in both 125cc two-stroke and 180-250cc four-stroke guise, the latter possibly using an engine sourced from Kinetic's Korean partners, Hyosung, whose 250cc V-twin eight-valve engine is both dynamically effective and aesthetically good-looking.
This shipping of the Cagiva brand off-shore, with first deliveries expected in the middle of 2008, has determined Castiglioni to produce the Mito 500 in Italy under the MV Agusta label. So MV engine guru Azio Mascheroni - designer of the Harley-Davidson 250/350 two-stroke twins which took Walter Villa to four Gran Prix World Championships in 1975-77, while the company later known as Cagiva was still owned by the giant US manufacturer - has created a liquid cooled DOHC four-valve fuel-injected Supermono engine measuring a little over 500cc and developing 80 hp at the crank in street-legal guise, says Castiglioni.
Seeing that a good Ducati Supermono - the only factory road racer built in recent years for single-cylinder Supermono racing - delivered 74 hp at the rear wheel on a good day 10 years ago, that's quite some performance for a street single, for which Tamburini will again be doing the styling, but with an eye on the weight scales as he does so.
"We hope to reinvent the street single catagory with this bike" says Castiglioni "....una bomba!" No translation necessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 12:59 PM

posted here before somewhere...
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 01:18 PM

One thing is sure. Castilione has motorcycling in his blood, but it needs funds to be translated in to successful models.
I don’t think that the 80mil Euro from the Husqvarna sale are enough the finance all the new models speculated, unless he has closed another, unpublished deal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 01:21 PM

I am fearing the release of the new MV more and more every day. I hope Tamburini can design an equally stunning machine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 01:40 PM

Thanks for that
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 11:07 PM

If it looks anything like the Cagiva SP525, it'll do very nicely for me. What I wouldn't do for an MV single...or triple for that matter. Damn, the list goes on.

In Tambo we trust...
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 11:11 PM

CONFIRMED! Was at the CW IMS show today, and while they won't discuss any deatils before Milan, there is a triple and a supermono!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6
CONFIRMED! Was at the CW IMS show today, and while they won't discuss any deatils before Milan, there is a triple and a supermono!
Fishcake! My wife will kill me!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 11:19 PM
The Machinist

I hope it dosn't look like the new Cagiva Mito sp525

Last edited by B.Harris; 03-11-2008 at 11:33 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Harris
I hope it dosn't look like the new Cagiva Mito sp525
On the cagiva website, the sp525 looks very handsome indeed. But like you, I don't fancy the one you just posted. However, if it gets a Tambo makeover, it will be special.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode