450GP Class for Next Year? Bust out your MX bikes! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

450GP Class for Next Year? Bust out your MX bikes!

http://www.cycleworld.com/article.as...article_id=479

The second to last paragraph of this Cycleworld article caught my eye.... mentions that the AMA will officially recognize a 450 class in WERA in '08, and possibly have a class of thier own in '09.

This may open the door to some exciting new possibilities..... and new uses for my CRF450!

Last edited by G.Rand; 10-22-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The bikes they have built with 450 MX chassis and engine look really nice in person. Bet they'll be a blast to ride.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 12:08 AM

Sign me up...

Ok, I've been researching this (or trying to) since finding out about it... Not to mention DROOOOLING over the supersingles outside the playstation tent by the podium at Laguna. I wants me one of these... realllly bad... Mike, the owner of the track at little Talladega was running a 450 MX Kawi with a very similar configuration--Traxion Gas Forks, Penske Shock, Cafe-Style clip-ons, rearsets, and Michelin slicks on rims--it was basically this type of bike (illegal due to 550 big-bore kit) without the knee-pocket tank and body work. Not a motard but far from a dirtbike. That thing was tearing it up...

Does anybody know where to get either parts or kit for one of these without resorting to the absolute one-off market... or is this going to end up like the SM market with manufacturers slowly filtering out watered-down street versions with mass market appeal, think KTM 690. I checked RSD and saw nada... Guess the American Superchopper Market is going strong...

Or is the vaporware Nessie/Yeti of roadracing, should I just source an LC-4, SXV, Mito, or Aprilia 250 and shut up about it? Cheers! Jason
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 01:04 AM

New Site Garage
You mean these bleeds? <-Obscure movie reference...Anyone?

First picture is from Laguna I, as Jice mentioned. The next two shots are from Laguna II, where they ran a few lap demo...Kawasaki Team rider Jessica Zalusky pilots the #4 Kawasaki, Roland Sands is on the #3 Honda, and someone from Cycle World is on the #2 Yamaha. These things sound SO sick! I just wanted to steal one of em, and take it for a hotlap, as Roland was in the next tent over from where I was with stuntriders Clint Ewing and Kane Freisen.

What a gas these things must be!

Griff
twoeleven
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 01:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Jason, MV, KTM and Aprillia are all working on 450 supermono's. Maybe they know something or a pushing through a new class.
In MV's case it was close with a mito with a Husky engine. Now Husky is sold they are going to launch a MV designed super single. The KTM uses a suped up single in a chasis and body work similar to the yet to be released KTM super twin, and the Aprillia is a modern RS250 with a single 450 engine.
I personally think these will be a real blast and will go for one for a track bike in an instant.

MVA Sydney
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 03:52 AM

I'm assuming these bikes are four stroke?

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 08:14 AM

Here's their official website:

www.450moto.com
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeleven
You mean these bleeds? <-Obscure movie reference...Anyone?
I know it but I'm struggling, beads... these bleeds...trading places and pink panther were first to mind?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 09:54 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockethouse
I know it but I'm struggling, beads... these bleeds...trading places and pink panther were first to mind?
I knew it would trip a bell, somewhere...You are in the right genre, and here's a clue, this quote is from the outtakes that run during the credits...I told you it was obscure...

"These bleeds? You're gonna put these f**kin rosary bleeds up this nose."

RobP, thanks for the website location!

Griff
twoeleven

Last edited by twoeleven; 10-23-2007 at 10:01 AM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeleven
I knew it would trip a bell, somewhere...You are in the right genre, and here's a clue, this quote is from the outtakes that run during the credits...I told you it was obscure...

"These bleeds? You're gonna put these f**kin rosary bleeds up this nose."

RobP, thanks for the website location!

Griff
twoeleven

I can see it but I just can't place it

I'll stew on it today.

...does it have Burt Reylonds in it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode