312 prices - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

312 prices

Here in the UK, you can't help noticing that 312 prices are dropping. For instance, the RRP is £14995, certain dealers are selling them for £12995. Much more of a sensible price and brings us more inline with Europe etc. My personal opinion is that the 312 model is struggling to sell in the UK. OK, yes we know about the uprated parts etc, but most won't change from their R models and even the S model. Also, certain bike reporters like MCN have not given it a gleaming write up. I think people are sticking with what they have got and possibly waiting for 2009. No one want to throw money away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 03:03 AM
I agree with everything you say. I think most people are waiting to see what the new MV is like now and there are probably going to be great deals on the 312 models when that happens. I'm not in a position to change my bike right now, but even if I could, with no disrespect to current owners, a 312 wouldn't be on my shopping list.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 03:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicensleazy
Here in the UK, you can't help noticing that 312 prices are dropping. For instance, the RRP is £14995, certain dealers are selling them for £12995. Much more of a sensible price and brings us more inline with Europe etc. My personal opinion is that the 312 model is struggling to sell in the UK. OK, yes we know about the uprated parts etc, but most won't change from their R models and even the S model. Also, certain bike reporters like MCN have not given it a gleaming write up. I think people are sticking with what they have got and possibly waiting for 2009. No one want to throw money away!
wise words

im sitting here with cash awaiting a good deal, no hurry as winter is aproaching (although a 312 would be an excellent centre piece in the home) until spring.

doesnt matter if its a 2007 or 2008 plate as private number will be going on and I wont be looking to sell it on, for a long long time.

I really want to deal with my local dealer but when you see prices of £12994 for a new 312, its one heck of a saving even better deals on F4 1000R, I think i will sit tight and wait see what comes up (now that im over the "need it now" urge).

you never know a nice low milage senna or tambo might pop up as i wait

you know my views warren, just waiting until the time is right
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 05:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to djt77
which dealers are knocking them out for that much money?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 05:11 AM

Yes, I agree with that.

If it were me, I would wait to see if something new is coming...unless a nice Tambo came along

NiceN...what happened about the Tambo, did you buy it? Do you have it yet?

SENNA 070/300
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 05:40 AM

Unfortunately the new MV coming is a "triple" supersport, but not a 1000 cc. For that you must wait untill 2009 or 2010.

I prefer to enjoy my F4R today, and in 2010 I will calculate my options again. But anyway, the current F4 is awesome and beautiful and always its a good deal.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 01:54 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to psst!!!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADRIDF4R
Unfortunately the new MV coming is a "triple" supersport, but not a 1000 cc. For that you must wait untill 2009 or 2010.

I prefer to enjoy my F4R today, and in 2010 I will calculate my options again. But anyway, the current F4 is awesome and beautiful and always its a good deal.
+1
agree!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 10:09 PM

Is is blasphemy...

to suggest that the new Bimotas--especially the new TESI and DB5 are stealing some of the Italian limelight? Mmm... billet spar frames and trellis swingarms...

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 11:09 PM
The Dude

not blasphemy at all. In fact several members have a bit of a Bimota affliction.... I'm looking at them now as the next thing in the garage.... but right now it's competing against....buying something with a garage!

The DB5 C is what I'm looking at.

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Ah yes, a garage always helps! Good luck with the search!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode