312 prices - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 05:27 AM

While i understand people that are waiting, i think that if that's happening the in the UK then it's a really good time to buy a 312R or swap you "old" S for one.

The new MV that will substitute the F4 will only be out by 2009/2010 so there's still plenty of time to enjoy your new 312R or to wait sitting on the money if that's your option.
Also, for those who are waiting, just think..... what if you really dislike the new coming MV??? You waited and waitied for something you don'y like and you're not buying.

I bougth my 312R back in May and all the rumours about the new MV were already out etc... but i didn't care a bit, because i want to have and keep forever (if i can afford) an MV F4 in my garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R
While i understand people that are waiting, i think that if that's happening the in the UK then it's a really good time to buy a 312R or swap you "old" S for one.

The new MV that will substitute the F4 will only be out by 2009/2010 so there's still plenty of time to enjoy your new 312R or to wait sitting on the money if that's your option.
Also, for those who are waiting, just think..... what if you really dislike the new coming MV??? You waited and waitied for something you don'y like and you're not buying.

I bougth my 312R back in May and all the rumours about the new MV were already out etc... but i didn't care a bit, because i want to have and keep forever (if i can afford) an MV F4 in my garage.
You waited and waitied for something you don'y like and you're not buying.

Don't also forget life is not a rehearsal, I have had a timely reminder this year about that one, you may wait and wait and wait and just never get to 2010......................no point in sitting on your cloud looking down and thinking ''If only I had...............''

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Of couse, there may even be a Nuclear War before 2010. No life no planet and no MV!

I suppose the real dilemma is the change. If you own an S or R model, is it really worth the change to the 312. Still afair chunk of money for what? OK, lighter wheels and improved brakes, but the bikes look the same and the design is the same. The S model is stil a lovely machine and many people still like the silver star wheels, unique to MV. Plus, if you mainy ride on the roads, then the S & R is still plenty fast enough. 175 MPH. I feel perhaps this is the reason why the 312 has not sold that well in the UK. Also, I have never had a problem with the S Nissan brakes, they work fine and do the job. OK, the back can be a little soft, but just change the brake pad. If you think about it, in the short space of time from the R to the 312. Its a great way for MV to bring more money into the company etc and will go towards the development etc of the new models. Perhaps buying a Tambo is a good step, because these are limited edition bikes and not the run of the mill. However, they are still pricey and some people may think they are a little expensive to ride on the roads/track, just in case you go down. My personal feeling is that MV dealers are beginning to feel the pinch in the UK. On the whole, people are not spending at the moment. This could be due to house market problems and increased % costs. Also, all the lending to the sub prime markets, someone has to pay for this! Winter is now setting in, lets see what the UK importer will do regarding prices. Just sit back and watch. All comes to those that wait!

Last edited by nicensleazy; 10-26-2007 at 09:40 AM.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicensleazy
Of couse, there may even be a Nuclear War before 2010. No life no planet and no MV!
Yeah, that's it exactly!

If that nuclear war before 2010 is going to kill us all, i would rather die riding my 312R than sitting on the money i'm saving for the up coming one
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Banned

I for one still prefer the "silver star wheels" and still holding off for a 312,

but as time goes on im also starting to think of how much im getting ripped off here in U.K. - fuel, road tax, insurance, crap roads, pricing on everything!!!!!!!!!

what I have sitting in the bank can fully pay of the mortgage, im lucky enough to work for an American oil company who welcomes and encourages moves within company.

Starting to think I should work with them in N.America or canada, - relocate and then buy an MV at half the price with stunning roads and scenery not to mention the cost of fuel which brings a huge smile to my face.

maybe its a good idea i didnt rush in, time to sit back and think things through as im totally pissed off being ripped off here in U.K.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by F41NXS
I for one still prefer the "silver star wheels" and still holding off for a 312,

but as time goes on im also starting to think of how much im getting ripped off here in U.K. - fuel, road tax, insurance, crap roads, pricing on everything!!!!!!!!!

what I have sitting in the bank can fully pay of the mortgage, im lucky enough to work for an American oil company who welcomes and encourages moves within company.

Starting to think I should work with them in N.America or canada, - relocate and then buy an MV at half the price with stunning roads and scenery not to mention the cost of fuel which brings a huge smile to my face.

maybe its a good idea i didnt rush in, time to sit back and think things through as im totally pissed off being ripped off here in U.K.

Roy I fully agree mate.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R
Yeah, that's it exactly!

If that nuclear war before 2010 is going to kill us all, i would rather die riding my 312R than sitting on the money i'm saving for the up coming one

I love it
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

Anyone have any idea what the dealers pay for the 312 from the importers?
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 06:08 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicensleazy
Anyone have any idea what the dealers pay for the 312 from the importers?

They have a 12% difference on the standard models.

With your Mind Power, determination, your instinct and the expierence aswell, you can fly very high! "Ayrton Senna"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MotoMorfose; 10-28-2007 at 06:11 AM.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 07:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMorfose
They have a 12% difference on the standard models.
if that is the case! and the retail price is 14995 are they losing out by selling the 312 off at 12500 - 13000?

what is the profit margin

many dealers are selling for above price of 12500 - 13000

and much less for the brutale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode