Femmoto - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Femmoto

Spent last weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway with my wife at the Femmoto event. She rode dirt bikes Friday and did track sessions on demo bikes Saturday and Sunday.

This was a great opportunity for her to experience different makes and models of bikes. She alway thought she wanted a Ducati Monster until she rode one on the track! Turns out she's a 4 cylinder sportbike fan now.

Saturday she tried a SV650 knockoff (Hyosung), Ducati Monster 695, Kawasaki ZX6R, Buell Lightning XB12S (hated it) and Honda VFR 800 Interceptor (loved it).

Sunday morning Donna started out on a CBR600 R (one of the bikes on loan from the Freddie Spencer school). She's in love with this machine. Then she rode a Honda 919. Next up was a Brutale 910 from Pat Clark (the Las Vegas MV dealer). She said she was laughing out loud in her helmet at times on the track (she's never ridden my 910R - a controlled track environment was the perfect scenario to try out a Brutale!).

The first afternoon session on a Ducati Hypermotard convinced her that Ducati is just not her cup of tea. She went back to the CBR 600R for the final session. Having CBR 600s from Freddie's school meant they were properly set up which probably didn't hurt the impression of the bike. The Hypermotard had mis-matched tires (a worn Dunlop race on the rear and a Pirelli Supercorsa Pro on front) and who knows what the suspension settings were.

I think a sportbike is in her future - probably a CBR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 11:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
wow. that is sweet!

too bad they can't set something like that up for the guys. the way i see it, half of those bike would end up in the weeds if they did a "day for the dudes."

damn testosterone! hahaha

alex
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Established Member

Koop...sorry we didn't run into you. Guy and I were there Friday through Sunday (see my "on the track" thread) and I too really fell in love with the Honda CBR600. I'm buying one as soon as I get a chance.

I wonder if they do demo events like this for men. I've had a couple of my friends indicate they'd love to take advantage of the opportunity to try out other bikes. Sounds like most dealers won't let you demo their bikes (other than BMW and Ducati).

When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges. -- Jack Handey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F41000S/Honda CBR600
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Established Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
wow. that is sweet!

too bad they can't set something like that up for the guys. the way i see it, half of those bike would end up in the weeds if they did a "day for the dudes."

alex
LOL! I imagine that's why they don't do it. Although I will say a few bikes ended up in the weeds on Sunday with women on them too.

When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges. -- Jack Handey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F41000S/Honda CBR600
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 12:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
Lisa,

I can't even keep my own bikes off the pavement!

And Ben (odonata) knows what I do with borrowed ones. Hahahaha

Oh, I'm pretty sure they don't do this for guys because of the risk. You could put two guys on couple of toddler's tricycles and they'd be racing in 10 seconds.

Alex
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBonanMV
Koop...sorry we didn't run into you. Guy and I were there Friday through Sunday (see my "on the track" thread) and I too really fell in love with the Honda CBR600. I'm buying one as soon as I get a chance.

I wonder if they do demo events like this for men. I've had a couple of my friends indicate they'd love to take advantage of the opportunity to try out other bikes. Sounds like most dealers won't let you demo their bikes (other than BMW and Ducati).
Yeah, I wish we would've introduced ourselves to each other. Had a great time there even though Sat was cold and windy.

There are dealers that are good about demo rides - that's how I ended up with a Brutale. The MV-Ducati-Triumph dealer in Scottsdale let me test ride one and I had to have it! Pat Clark also let's you demo bikes.

At Femmoto they had street demos for guys and gals. I rode a ZX14 and a Beemer 650 X-Country. The routes were lame though, not much in the way of twisties.

I think Donna may get a CBR600 for her birthday - it's not until May but we'll see what kind of deal I can find by then. I'll buy new - used 600 sports bikes are usually thrashed.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
wow. that is sweet!

alex
OK, let me get this straight, "a day for the dudes", eh? The girls have "Femmoto", we could have "Testostomoto" Works for me...

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 03:29 AM

CBR 600R has always been an "easy" sportbike, not too racing like R6 (and it's too high seated), not too tough like ZX6R. Smooth and "mistake forgiver"

Good choice for a girl
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 07:24 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming
CBR 600R has always been an "easy" sportbike, not too racing like R6 (and it's too high seated), not too tough like ZX6R. Smooth and "mistake forgiver"

Good choice for a girl
I own a CBR600RR and I'm loving it too.

Nothing else I can say Flaming.

SENNA 070/300

Last edited by Broms; 10-11-2007 at 07:30 AM.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 09:00 AM

What's the matter Broms? It was a compliment for the choice

Any problems with girls who rides bikes?
Or is it because you think I meant that CBR is a "girlie" bike?

I'd give the same opinion if it was a newbie (man) choosing his first sportbike.

Last edited by Flaming; 10-11-2007 at 09:05 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode