What dreams may come........ - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

What dreams may come........

My name is Evgeni. I am new on this forum and would like to introduce myself. I live in US. Marred with children Comparative skydiver, snowboarder, scuba, long range shooting, hunting. I start feeling that something is missing in my life and understood that it is BIKES. Bought me Honda CRF 150 (My oldest daughter took it away from me) I am looking on CRF450 but still there is a place for a street bike. After reading internet and window shopping at local dealers I realized that sexiest bike on the market is MV Agusta (Crying at this point) 3 sales dudes at different locations told me that the best riding experience they had on MV Agusta 1000S (1098 not even close in handling plus it only 2 heads). So now I started global war with my dealer on the price.
You WON. I surrender and that is why I am here with you. As winners in a "War". I expect you to treat me within Geneva convention, "Feed" me with an ideas and love to this brand, share with me your joy and info The only problem I have with this bike is a price and huge depreciation that I notice surfing through e-bay and the other sales places. But I do not give up and will drive my local dealer to hard attack but I'll ride the sexiest beast on the roads of NC Meanwhile I will stick up with you so I would not loose my mojo within "Price Battle" Nice to meat ya all

Partorg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 08:52 AM
The Dude

welcome dude.

i guess if i had kids, i'd be 'marred' as well.

anyway, welcome to the group.

depreciation? all bikes have this. % wise, i think MVs are lower than others, like ducati. maybe that's just a japan thing.

-colin

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 09:09 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoLunch
welcome dude.

i guess if i had kids, i'd be 'marred' as well.

anyway, welcome to the group.

depreciation? all bikes have this. % wise, i think MVs are lower than others, like ducati. maybe that's just a japan thing.

-colin
Beat me to it Col

Welcome Partorg, lets hope you get that MV and enjoy your new found passion.

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 09:19 AM

Welcome from me too.

Buy the MV !!

SENNA 070/300
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, guys I will buy one. I sow myself in the dream riding one What do you think, 19 grand for 1000s 2006 is a good price? Or I can fight little more? I think I can fight a little more, it has only one sit on it.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Fight it a lot more. I'm guessing it's brand new, leftover, etc. Some dealers have let them go under 17 (i think. There are some threads on this).

As for depreciation.. i think since there aren't too many out there the market can stand still. It's when you have a flood of something on the market that the price starts to drop. You should be able to get a banging deal on that 1000S. The '08 Rs are only a bit more if you're talking about 19grand, and we're talking about big upgrades
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...=2006+leftover

Check that thread and see what people have been selling leftovers for. Now that 2007 is coming to an end, you should be able to get a better deal

Looks like some are 16 or under, or in the 16s.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 12:04 PM

Hehehehe, welcome. Nice introduction, btw.

Hope you get your MV soon so you can fully join the family

As for the price you were quoted and althouhg i'm not in the US so i don't know the market weel, i'd say it's a bit too much atm for an F4S.
I think with $ 19K you should at least get an F4R
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 12:25 PM

agreed for 19k you should get an R not an S

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot. You guys are ROCK. And spacial thanks to Admin. I am going to work through all this info. I new it must be a way. I felt it This info will give me some stractual base for my debates with a sales folks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode