F4 Rear stand - any thoughts? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

F4 Rear stand - any thoughts?

Now I'm sure there were some posts about this, but I can't find them. Anyhow, for some reason, having problems getting the stand out of the rear wheel. I don't know if its got something to do with the weather, but its become a bloody pain. Unfortunately, they dont sell Pitbull stands in the UK. Any thought?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 10:00 AM

Abba (with MV fitting kit)... http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...522#post123522 ...

If you order direct from Abba they do free delivery. OK, so technically it's not a rear paddock stand but it's a lot more useful.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicensleazy
Now I'm sure there were some posts about this, but I can't find them. Anyhow, for some reason, having problems getting the stand out of the rear wheel. I don't know if its got something to do with the weather, but its become a bloody pain. Unfortunately, they dont sell Pitbull stands in the UK. Any thought?
Have you tried using wd40? That stuff is magic in a can and cures all ills!!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 11:37 AM

Just sand the pin a little bit with some fine paper and you'll be good to go. The Pit Bull works great. A lot easier to use and the wheels really help.

One other really nice thing about the Pit Bull. You can get a custom pin for about $20 that will turn their rear stand into a front stand. Makes it simple to lift the front of the bike then hang it from the rafters. Remove the stand then take off the wheel for tire changes, remove the forks for service. Using the stock stand in the rear wheel at the same time keeps everything rock steady while you work.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 07:44 AM

I suffered with this really badly and tried WD40 etc. I did sand the pin down, but its really important to use a really fine grade. After you have sanded it down, apply a polish and try to produce a sheen. I found that the furry result after sanding woirked ok until the bike got wet and the stand would jam again. Since polishing the pin I have had no problems at all. Make sure the spindle on the bike is clean and dry as well.

Whilst on the subject of stands, anyone recommend a good front stand. I want the
spigot type that fits into the fork recesses. Interested in your views as to best type...spigot, underyoke, cup type??

My favoured is Harris Performance at 50 seems ok.
https://www.harris-performance.com/w.../frameset2.htm

sorry nicensleazy..this is a bit of a hijack of your thread!
Tont

The wife said "Go buy some Art"...
...................__O
................_-\<,_\
...............(_)/ (_)
I bought art.....MV Art!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 08:32 AM

Lightbulb

Give talcum powder a go ... you know, the old one for you and one for me!

It'll be as smooth as a babys bum.

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 08:42 AM

I ordered a Pit Bull from Moto Wheels.

It arrived today, I used it for the first time....my life just became much much easier in regards to parking the MV.

Highly recommended

SENNA 070/300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode