**Pirates Lair**What a JOKE!!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

**Pirates Lair**What a JOKE!!!

Upon picking my bike up from the dealer, like alot of people I wanted to customize and personalize my bike. I called and left 4 messages with Pirates Lair, leaving a detailed message each time with what I wanted to purchase. They never got back to me. So for the 5th attempt, I tried calling at night. A woman answered the phone, not because she was interested in the business, but because, she was curious to who was calling at 9:30pm. I explained my attempts at contacting them and assured me that what I wanted would be shipped in a few days. Well, I'm working on 3 weeks since I spoke to them and not recieved jack! I called and left two messages and yet again no returned call. It is apparent that they are lousy and non caring company, in that they didn't bother to process the $800+ transaction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Established Member

Jerry and his wife are away at the Texas Hill Country BMW Rally from April 11th- 18th..............

This is posted on the web site.

Roy B
North Dartmouth, Ma USA

2007 Suzuki DL650 V Strom abs
2007 BMW G650X Challenge abs
2004 Honda VFR abs
1987 BMW K100RS
2001 Moto Guzzi Rosso Mandello V-11 Sport
1971 Honda trail CT90
1987 911 3.2 Carrera
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 09:12 AM

Yeah man, I have done business with them several times and each occasion was a pleasure. Good service with first rate products. Give them another chance once they get back from their vacation. You will not be dissappointed.

2004 SPR 184/300
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 09:22 AM

Your Wrong

They're ON VACATION!!!!

They are GREAT to do business with...I'm sure they will do the transaction this week as they return to a NORMAL business schedule.

Never had a problem either BMW or MV.................

Peter
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:21 AM

Hey give em a break, they're on vacation! I've never dealt with them personally but I only hear good things about Pirate
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 06:50 PM

Ditto to all above! I had nothing but positive experiences with Jerry, and they even managed to ship a backordered part just before their vacation.
Also, try webordering, that way it's easier for all to keep track of.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 08:23 AM
Established Member

I had an excellent experience with them. In fact, not only did they get me my stuff, Jery's wife gave me some excellent advice on getting my kids started in horseback riding. I think we spent 10 minutes discussing what I needed for the bike and 30 minutes on horses and just shooting the bull.

Nice people. It can be very frustrating to deal with vendors that dont give a damn. Pirates Lair has never had that sort of reputation. I think your issue may be a consquence of bad timing.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
i would give them a break if i were you. they are a great couple and have done a number of things for me since i got my MV. Jerry is a customer oriented person and as you can see plenty of people will say the same thing. Cut him some slack especially if he is on vacation.

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Smile

As an independent with no axe to grind on this subject, it seems the majority of the guys who have commented about this on the forum have a high regard for the Pirates Lair outfit Jovanotti, I'd take their advice and give them another chance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 04:05 PM

I have purchased several items on different occasions, each time, Jerry was the most customer friendly person whom I had the great pleasure to do business with and will continue to purchase great items from. Pirates Lair has been very professional and very curtious with all my orders.
BTW Thanks Jerry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode