Help - can not open seat/tail part/wire loose - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

Help - can not open seat/tail part/wire loose

Hi everyone !

Unfortunately I can not open my seat/tail part on the F4-1000.
The wire leading from the key to the lock got very loose or stuck or broken
and it is impossible to release the lock. It was OK before, so it's not me...
Behind the keyhole I can get hold of the wire but it's loose and not doing anything in any direction.

Could anyone post a photo of the inside of the seat to see the position of the lock and the wiring (as I do not remeber it - the bike is only 10 days old)
or maybe someone has a good idea or experience how to open it in this situation without doing any damage.

Thanks for your help friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to thecraw-r1f4 Send a message via Yahoo to thecraw-r1f4
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingon
Hi everyone !

Unfortunately I can not open my seat/tail part on the F4-1000.
The wire leading from the key to the lock got very loose or stuck or broken
and it is impossible to release the lock. It was OK before, so it's not me...
Behind the keyhole I can get hold of the wire but it's loose and not doing anything in any direction.

Could anyone post a photo of the inside of the seat to see the position of the lock and the wiring (as I do not remeber it - the bike is only 10 days old)
or maybe someone has a good idea or experience how to open it in this situation without doing any damage.

Thanks for your help friends.
Get a Long skinny screw drvier and from the rear of the bike where the two holes in the plastics are on each side of the brake lights, you can push the locking mechanism open with the screw driver!

You may want to check the proximity of the lock with the relay that is next to it, its the rubberclip connected to the undertray. they put it too close and many times the locking mechanism cannot get full motion because it keeps hitting the rubber relay straps..

If you are still having problems let me know I will take some pics and show you what I mean!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks indeed for your help - problem solved. Managed to release it through the opening. I forgot that there are 2 separate wires and two locks in different places. Thought the lock at the end of the tail was dead. However had to adjust the screws on the locks as the wire was still loose and it was not opening reliably. Now it's all OK.
Thanks again !
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to thecraw-r1f4 Send a message via Yahoo to thecraw-r1f4
Glad to hear it
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 12:49 AM
Smile

Just to add a footnote on this; when unlocking the seat unit I usually press down on the tail unit at the same time to ease the pressure on the locking plate. I'm always worried I will damage the Ignition key by putting too much pressure on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode