Falling in love with Sophia Loren - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Thumbs down Falling in love with Sophia Loren

I bought a new Black & White 312 from Pro Italia in June. I live in Sacramento, so I went down to get it over a weekend. Everything went fine, I bought in for the whole program. Love at first sight. All the carbon, MV leathers, jackets, shirts, hats, key chain, titanium exhaust, Race ECU, Brembo brake upgrade, CRC footpegs, gas cap, AGO helmet, ect ect. You get the picture I'm sure. Absolutely love the bike and the whole MV mystique. I parked my "old" Paul Smart Ducati in the corner and put all of my attention in the new girl in the garage. When it was time for the First Service, I made my appointment with Pro Italia 3 weeks ahead of time. Surely they would like to see their girl back to see how she was doing. I then convinced my wife we needed to spend a week in L.A. at the Bel Air. Ahhh, but I had forgotten one detail. My wife will not drive in L.A. So on Tuesday morning when Pro Italia opened, I called them to see if they had a way for me to get back to the Bel Air, or did I need to find my own way. To my dismay, I was told they wouldn't be doing the First Service on the MV I bought from them. They were to busy. "But" I said, "I have an appointment and I drove 700 miles for them to service it." It didn't matter, they were still to busy. "Well how about if I leave it for the week?" "Wouldn't that give you enough time?" "No". I asked if maybe they could just adjust the idle, because she idles too fast with the titanium exhaust and the Race ECU? "No".
Even though I still love the bike and always will. I must admit that since I've been home, my faithful "old" girl friend setting in the corner has been looking better. I do feel a little guilty, treating her the way I did. But I'm trying to make it up to her with a new carbon fiber clutch and taking her out more. I kind of forgotten about her charms. She light in the turns and doesn't slap the crap out of me when I goose her. We're starting to work on our relationship again. I think we can work things out.
The leason to be learned from all of this? Don't be so quick to fall in love with Sophia Loren. Take the time to get to know her family, because you just might not like them as much as you do her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
AHHH, You should have fallen for a Gina Lollobrigida and bought into her family at Triumph-Ducati of Atlanta like I did.

That family is happy to see their girl in the arms of someone that loves her, and they are always happy to see me and talk to me, and they honor their commitments to their girl when I call for service appointments by keeping their promises.

Maybe you should move away from that Left coast rat race and come to God's country where you can ride the Smoky Mountains and actually afford a nice home.
OK...I'm a bit prejudiced (I used to live in Orange County CA so I do have the experience).
I am sad to hear these tales of Pro Italia's poor customer service...especially when you dropped the really big bucks on all those high profit extras like you did. You should send a letter to the dealer principal....and look for another dealer to spend your money with. They must have had better service somewhere in the past to make it where they are today. Maybe the owner doesn't realize the poor level of service his current staff is providing to a valuable customer like you. Sad.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 12:00 AM

I am really shocked to hear that you were treated that way. You dropped a BUTTLOAD of coin at that dealership --they should roll out the red carpet for your arrival.

Is there any chance that you dropped the ball and didn't record your appointment on the calendar correctly? Or was the appointment confirmed and they were just running behind, so you got bumped? Did PI confirm that you had an appointment at all?

More details, please!
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 02:03 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to psst!!!...
sorry to hear that.
did you ask to speak with someone else on the phone at that shop? I dont know them as I am in Portugal but just dont make any sense and my first thought is: "he didnt speak to the right place, or, it cant be a normall guy, a professional who answered him on the phone".
imagine if it was someone just laughing at you? a kid who picked the phone or something...it is just so stupid that.
well if that was not the case then I think those guys are playing around.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 02:35 AM

New Site Garage
well, if anything, just take the MV up to Roseville Yamaha. they should be able to help you out with no problem.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
2008 MV F4 312R -- Luna (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 MV Turismo Veloce 800 -- Sol (SOLD)
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 03:51 AM

I must admit I'm surprised to hear pro italia treat a customer this way and it would be interesting to hear what they have to say for themselves as at least one of them used to post here occasionally.

After driving all that way and having had it booked in...really...what the?

Did you purchase all the extra bits you put on from them also?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 04:15 AM

S,
JSM will not be happy with the use of all those 's
Anymore than 3 per post and

SENNA 070/300
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 04:22 AM

Thumbs down

Tuna,

I am not familiar with PI, they usually get positive remarks from what I have read on this site.

But, from what you have described so far, those circumstances would be totally unacceptable to me.

SENNA 070/300
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broms
S,
JSM will not be happy with the use of all those 's
Anymore than 3 per post and

That did cross my mind
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 07:17 AM

Have you see the film Roman Holiday?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode