How much "individuality" do you tolerate? - MVAgusta.net
View Poll Results: How much "individuality" do you tolerate?
None, The bike must be stock 1 1.56%
Some, The bike must somehow resemble the start product 51 79.69%
A lot, Any mod is fine, "Once an MV always an MV" 9 14.06%
Other 3 4.69%
No Clue 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Post How much "individuality" do you tolerate?

How much "individuality" do you tolerate?

There are many of us who believe that an MV Agusta is only beautiful fully stock, and that it looses it looks or "purity" with any modification.

There are those who believe that some carbon parts and upgrades are ok, as long as the bike still looks somewhat stock.

Finally there are those who are unafraid of completely changing their bike, whether it be color, wheels, performance parts, or even shape. These people think "once an MV, always an MV"

Which one are you? What is the maximum you tolerate? What parts do you believe kill the bike? Please list the modifications you consider "safe" or "unsafe". Forgive me if this resembles an existing thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 09:09 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Red stripes on the wheels kill the bike.

They are unsafe too.

CAG
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
I think any wheels that could come stock on any of the bikes in the lineup don't take away from the original look, kinda like the march.'s instead of the stars doesn't take away from the look. I have just never been a fan of the 5 spoke CF b/c of the flat hub part in the center of the wheel.

Also, any type of exhaust that still has 4 pipes, i know guys with the Arrow dual's won't like this, but it just doesn't look right with 2 instead of 4.

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

I realize that the poll may not be completely clear, just check the one that best fits you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 09:24 PM

I like CF parts, mag parts, maybe change wheels... but the overall design needs to say the same as the original bike. The 4 pipe organ exhaust MUST stay for me..

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 10:42 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80
I like CF parts, mag parts, maybe change wheels... but the overall design needs to say the same as the original bike. The 4 pipe organ exhaust MUST stay for me..
+1.

I am not fighting for world superbike title, so absolute performance is not a priority when I mod my bike.

for the 4 organ pipes, I would only use the original design like MV Corse, Moto Corse pipes... no Silmoto 4 CF cans, or even the Riding House/Emoto special exhausts for me.

I don't care for the OEM rear fender/turn signal because it looks like after thoughts so I have no issue using the after market small brackets and concealed signals.

I also don't like the clear/gray signal lenses look.

for me, the custom bits need to be in the same league in quality and styling as MV Agusta so I use mostly Moto Corse or MV Corse parts.

Carbon fiber parts get a lot of respect because of the weight saving/strength, high cost and the fact that they are the most exotic material for some bike parts... but asthetically speaking, I am not sure it really is the most attractive looking material? although I have a lot of CF parts on my bike and I have gotten a few more pieces from MV Corse to match the rest of the bike, I am not all that addicted to them.

Just my 2 cents...

O D O N A T A

Last edited by odonata; 09-18-2007 at 10:53 PM.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I have been dressing my Gina up with trinkets of carbon fiber jewlery, but not too much. Mostly replacing the grey "carbon look" plastic bits like the chain guards....and adding a carbon MV corse hugger. I removed the rear fender/number plate holder and installed a minimal plate relocator that retains the original plate light but moves the turn signals in tighter. Very clean. Clear lenses on turn signals and taillight. I think I am finished, and she looks so much more svelte and sexy.

OK, I'm obsessed a little bit...but must retain basic original MV styling for sure. I am no Tamburini.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Last edited by esq'z me; 09-19-2007 at 01:33 PM.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonata
although I have a lot of CF parts on my bike and I have gotten a few more pieces from MV Corse to match the rest of the bike, I am not all that addicted to them.
Ben,
I noticed the pics of the new screen (it would look good with clear lenses ), but where are the pics of all that new MV CF you bought so long ago?

SENNA 070/300
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 04:59 AM

New Site Garage
Ben, your bike looks amazing! i'm surprised you got the windscreen so fast! it usually takes about a week and a half. hmm. i'm thinking about the platinum screen.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
2008 MV F4 312R -- Luna (SOLD)

2016 MV Turismo Veloce 800 -- Sol (SOLD)
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80
+1.
At the end only the exhaust system can change the character of the bike. CF parts, tail light etc. they donít affect the style.
THE EXHAUST DESIGN MUST stay! MV is always Motorcycle Art!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode