Upcoming Euro Vacation - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Upcoming Euro Vacation

Nothing really MV related, but I'm just completely excited about my upcoming trip to Europe. I've never been anywhere outside of the Western US so this trip is a huge deal to me.
We're hitting Dublin, Venice, Rome and then taking a cruise that hits Paris (Le Havre), La Coruna and Madiera. Sto imperando L'Italiano (I'm learning Italian) for the trip which is really fun and kind of makes the waiting go by quicker =).

One of the things I'm really looking forward to is drinking a Guinness in a real Irish pub, as small a thing as that sounds. I've been a huge Guinness fan for years and years, so their factory is a big thing on my list. I really wanted to see the MV factory, too, but apparently tours are closed for a while as they remodel =(.

I still need to book a train between Venice and Rome, but all of my other transportation and lodging stuff is paid for.

That's all. I just can't wait and wanted to share my excitement.

It's too bad that the dollar is hurting right now. I hope I can afford to eat while I'm out there =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 10:38 PM

I've traveled a bit, but not nearly enough, and am jealous of Irish leg of your trip. I completely understand your eagerness to have a Guinness in a real Irish pub. Sometimes the small yet symbolic gestures are the most profound. I have some moments like that that have stuck in my mind and will stay there forever.

Don't waste money there, but don't worry about every cent. You're over there for the (worst case) trip of a lifetime, or (best case) first of many wonderful trips. The last thing you want is to come home with regrets over what you missed because it it was an extra few dollars.

If you avoid the tourist areas, you can get good food pretty reasonably.

2008 MV Agusta F4 312 R
2002 Ducati ST4S
1998 Ducati 748
1994 Ducati 900SS
1980 Yamaha TZ250G
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The Guinness there willl taste a hell of a lot better then the Guinness you get in USA.

I'm jealous, too. Take me with you...I wish

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 04:06 AM
Smile

Even the Guinness we get in Britain isn't a patch on the stuff you get in Ireland, you won't be disappointed. Have a great trip, I hope the weather is kind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 05:03 AM

Have fun but watch out for the professional pick pockets in Rome at the tourist area. Europe is not as carefree as the states.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 05:14 AM
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzardo

Don't waste money there, but don't worry about every cent. You're over there for the (worst case) trip of a lifetime, or (best case) first of many wonderful trips. The last thing you want is to come home with regrets over what you missed because it it was an extra few dollars.
i'd have to agree with this.... one big thing is food.... just eat what you want, don't get too worried about costs adding up, if you spend it all at cheap (crappy) food joints, you'll miss most of europe....

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 05:41 AM

Thumbs up Bon voyage

Mate Europe is a blast for the first time! Just wait until you walk into St Peters basilica in Rome.
I swore loudly ,not just the first time I went inside also the second time I went ,through sheer awe.(dont do this as you tend to get alot of frowns)

Haven't been to Ireland,but of all the places I've been too, people still say that you must visit Ireland.Have a great and safe trip!

07 F41000R

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

Last edited by Ozboy; 09-15-2007 at 05:44 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 06:16 AM

I went out drinking a couple of nights ago with a slip of a girl from Canada. Tiny little thing yet she drank 7 pints of Stella Artois ("Wife Beater"). It was her first time over here and she was determined to experience every aspect of English life, starting with our wonderful tradition of binge-drinking!

Si
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 08:21 AM

I'm about an hour away from Venice. It's gorgeous but very touristy and the prices reflect it. If you run into any issues in Italy feel free to look me up on here and enjoy the rest of Europe!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Established Member

I envy you. The guinness thing is on the top of my list as well. We keep talking about going and then that thing called life seems to pull me in another direction. Cheers and have a great time, lots of pix.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode