E Moto First Class - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

E Moto First Class

Just wanted to take a second and give a public thanks to the people over at E Moto . I contacted a stateside retailer about a product I wanted to buy from MV and it was a complete joke . I still have not heard back from them on my first question to them . E Moto knocked the order out in record time and even changed my shipping address because my dumb ass ordered an international item a week or so before i was gonna move . They took care of it all perfect , and made me feel like they really appreciated my business . I will deal with the poor Dollar value to the Euro any day now , and they will be getting all my MV money from now on .

As a side note US customs is holding up my E Moto package , kinda funny . They opened the box , and called me asking me what i ordered and what MV and who E Moto was . lol . you have to be there i know but to here a American southern accent drawl out security questions is a riot . They asked me if i was taking part in a criminal activity , and if i new what was being shipped to me . They made me describe it . They said i ordered a dollar value above my legal personal use level ( they saw the receipt in the box) , and are charging me a tax . The funny thing is they let a package from China come to me without a problem . So according to our government , a box from a large retailer in Europe is a greater risk then some private guy in China painting motorcycle fairings i found off of EBAY . I would of ripped open the box from China . I think this sits on the line of reasoning as making old women take their shows off at the airport to look for bombs .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 09:07 PM

I too had a great overall experience from them recently ordering about $1700 worth of stuff but was happy to find out that i didnt have to pay taxes. I too would order from them again and probably will be soon.... I NEED MORE CARBON!! (its an addiction)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 09:31 PM

What the hell!? Personal use? How does one define personal use, perhaps you wanted to use these as a dog chew toy how is that not personal? I hate our gubment sometimes..

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

They must have a dollar level on what you can buy from overseas , and you have to pay a tariff or a tax if you go over it . It felt dirty that they went through the box , random checks , i don't maybe I am on some list .
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
They made me describe it . They said i ordered a dollar value above my legal personal use level ( they saw the receipt in the box) , and are charging me a tax.
Normally the shipping manifest should state the value of the contents. They use that to charge you a customs tax, which is normal. If however that value is not stated then they could assume that you (in cahoots with the seller) are trying to avoid import duties, which is the illegal activity. I don't think importing carbon nicities is in itself a Federal offence! They will also check the contents of a random sample just to check that the goods are as described on the manifest and of stated value. Maybe the manifest was missing or you just fel foul of the random sampling.

Si
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logos1111
some private guy in China painting motorcycle fairings i found off of EBAY .
For the MV? if so, pics please

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Established Member

The personal limit is about $800 USD. Anything above that amount you have to pay 3% of its value.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b]For the MV? if so, pics please [/QUOT

Sorry to tease you but its for a 2003 Yamaha R1 I have scattered around my house . I started to strip the rims and im gonna paint them white , and the tank . The bike should look pretty good .
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 07:51 PM

[QUOTE=logos1111]
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b
For the MV? if so, pics please [/QUOT

Sorry to tease you but its for a 2003 Yamaha R1 I have scattered around my house . I started to strip the rims and im gonna paint them white , and the tank . The bike should look pretty good .
No problem, have fun with it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode