HUGE thanks to Emoto on new product - RED LED TAIL LIGHT - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

HUGE thanks to Emoto on new product - RED LED TAIL LIGHT

When Clear Alternatives (CA owner at the time was a double MV owner) first came on one of the original MV forums and stated they were going to start making lenses and an LED tail I asked for them to make red. Red lens would blend into the mirror and still blink orange and a red LED tail would maintain the original look with brighter functionality. My ridesafer.org bright 1157 works great but does not indicate turns and is not as bright.

After production of the Clear then Smoked LED I contacted Clear Alternatives again and asked them to make it in RED once more. I was told NO under no uncertain terms.

In speaking to Emoto I mentioned that I thought a RED LED Taillight would be a strong seller and that I would like one. They promptly contacted Clear Alternatives and got a commitment from them to manufacture same.

This past saturday what do I see in my mailbox but a surprise package from EMOTO containing (1) RED LED TAIL LIGHT.

A very large thanks to you Jon and Dan for having CA produce the item and fulfilling one of my longstanding wishes for my poor old bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 11:29 AM

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 01:02 PM

+1 for the MV community! maybe i can start putting in some suggestions...like ti frame. think one will show up at my doorstep?
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Smile

I've got one of these too. Very impressed. A friend I go riding with said it was difficult to see the standard light in daytime when braking and he said I either hardly ever used the brakes or the standard lamp was crap. At least this will stop him running up the back of my bike when I slow down now Seriously, It's a nice product and looks like the standard item, but of course much brighter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 03:38 PM

WOW...u actually got a shipment from E-moto...hell i can't even get them to ship something i odered months ago or a call back! Nice though...ur one of the lucky ones.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 05:51 PM

New Site Garage
Oh shit here we go again.....................
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
I've got one of these too. Very impressed. A friend I go riding with said it was difficult to see the standard light in daytime when braking and he said I either hardly ever used the brakes or the standard lamp was crap. At least this will stop him running up the back of my bike when I slow down now Seriously, It's a nice product and looks like the standard item, but of course much brighter.
I went with the smoked one, only because my bike is black, if it had been red I would also have had the red one, I'm not a fan of clear lights
Attached Images

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 10:15 PM
FSL

Thumbs up

Cool James. I like the stock setup now if only clear alternatives make smoke plastic cover for stock rear turn signals as they promised. Emoto was also making carbon rear turn signal I don't know where they are at.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Established Member

I haven't had problems with Clear Alternatives, they are here in town and every time I stop in they are more than willing to help. I purchased the smoke rear and "obtained" a red rear. As far as I know they are manufacturing these for re-sale. If anybody has questions or need help pm me. The only problem with these is there is a slight bleed over when using the turn signals. Matt at CA told me he is working with the manufacturer to get this resolved.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 04:56 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
I went with the smoked one, only because my bike is black, if it had been red I would also have had the red one, I'm not a fan of clear lights
Looks nice Mike,I was wondering how it would look on the R.
I've ordered the Rizoma rear indicators(clear lens,LED)and thought the smoke tail light would set it right off...mmmmm you gots me thinkin!
Attached Images

Last edited by Ozboy; 08-22-2007 at 05:20 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode