Cross referencing of parts? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Cross referencing of parts?

Anybody know of any stuff that is cross referenced to other bikes?

Example:
Pazzo doesn't make adjustable levers for the SV650, but, levers from a 01-04 GSXR 1000 or 98-03 GSXR 600/750 are listed and do infact work.

Oil filter from an R6 works...although that's not really a great example, as oil filters are cross referenced all over the place, it still a cross-referenced part.

I can't imagine Pazzo making 809672349567234978654 different levers, and each lever on a bike being THAT different. Same goes for rear-sets(although, we already have those available)....I'm sure Sato or Gilles use some of the same rearsets for different bikes, only differences being lengths in shift rods and bolts.

I need a new clutch lever, and would rather buy aftermarket...but this is a good start to anything else as well....

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 07:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
nate,

it would be really good to get a list of cross-referenced parts for MV going. i saw somewhere on here that the shims used for the valve lash are the same as the Gixer 1k.

also, the oil filter - a mobile M1-110 fits. it's a LOT longer than the stock one, and it's a PITA to put in there, but that's what's on my F4 1k right now.

not sure about the levers...

alex
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 09:53 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Was it Veloce or Kamran that said Kawasaki key blanks works for MVs too...

O D O N A T A

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Yeah, getting a cross referenced list started would be great.

I know the Kawi keys work, I tried it a couple days ago with my friends Z1000

I saw on that HotCams lists the GSXR1K as well as many other bikes using the 7.48mm shim size. It lists all GSXR1Ks as having that shim size, unlike the 750, which depends on the year....

So, so far we have three things cross referenced.

Oil Filter - M1-110
Key stocks - Kawasaki key blanks
Valve shims - GSXR1K/7.48mm shim

Anybody know anything else?

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 11:16 AM

We have an old list on yahoogroups from the past few years

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/MV-Agusta/

IIRC it's in the files section.

JamesC

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn
Anybody know of any stuff that is cross referenced to other bikes?

Example:
Pazzo doesn't make adjustable levers for the SV650, but, levers from a 01-04 GSXR 1000 or 98-03 GSXR 600/750 are listed and do infact work.

Oil filter from an R6 works...although that's not really a great example, as oil filters are cross referenced all over the place, it still a cross-referenced part.

I can't imagine Pazzo making 809672349567234978654 different levers, and each lever on a bike being THAT different. Same goes for rear-sets(although, we already have those available)....I'm sure Sato or Gilles use some of the same rearsets for different bikes, only differences being lengths in shift rods and bolts.

I need a new clutch lever, and would rather buy aftermarket...but this is a good start to anything else as well....
You would be amazed. If you compare rearsets, the only manufacturer who uses one frame on more than one is Suzuki who only did it on the 600, 750 and 1000 GSXR from 2001-2004. Nothing else ever fits. The MV is a little over an eighth inch from being able to use the frame bracket from an RC51. It is crazy, but the japanese have been known to make hole spacing an eight inch off on the same model when there is a body change. They do not make it easy for us. Even Tamburini changed the sidestand on the F4 just enough so that a 996 side stand will not work.

Chris
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 02:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Matty
from what i hear from Air/Fuel there is also the TPS which is cross referenced with a harley one. Im sure he can explain it better than I can
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 11:29 PM

Also I think a Suzuki clutch hose/line works for F4 too. Not sure which Suzuki anymore...?

....shay hullo to my lille friend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode