Easter! 4 days of great rides - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

Easter! 4 days of great rides

We in Aus are nearly a day ahead of most other countrys .... so were into our Easter long weekend already!!!

Sun, blue skys and lots of police on the roads doing their bit in reducing the death toll by using more radar guns?

Anyway...to all on the forum...have a safe and relaxing Easter!

Ride safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agusta01
We in Aus are nearly a day ahead of most other countrys .... so were into our Easter long weekend already!!!

lots of police on the roads doing their bit in reducing the death toll by using more radar guns?
Too bad they actually have NO CREDIBLE EVIDENCE that speed is responsible for road fatalities.... UK research suggest only 7% of road death is due to speeding. The day I see cops booking people who change lanes without looking or for turning left across 3 lanes without indicating or driving 50% below the speed limit or using mobile phones etc I will accept that they have the slightest interest in "road safety"....

It is all about taxation and criminalisation of the population...... You'd have more respect for the system if they charged everybody a $250 per year extra "road safety" tax rather than the random vivtimisation of people for trivial violations of speed limits that were invented 60 years ago for vehicles that were much less technologically capable.... cars or bikes...

a slow rider is a dead one....

Doc
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 06:48 AM

Quote:
...lots of police on the roads doing their bit in reducing the death toll by using more radar guns?
And for that reason alone, I'm not taking the bike out anywhere this weekend... That and my licence can't afford any more points loss.

Oh... and I'm working all weekend...
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Wink

Quote:

Sun, blue skys and lots of police on the roads doing their bit in reducing the death toll by using more radar guns?

Ride safe

To you also Graham, The sun shineth on us Brits too. Ride safe everyone and may all the policeman have flat batteries in their speed guns this Easter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorMV
Too bad they actually have NO CREDIBLE EVIDENCE that speed is responsible for road fatalities.... UK research suggest only 7% of road death is due to speeding. The day I see cops booking people who change lanes without looking or for turning left across 3 lanes without indicating or driving 50% below the speed limit or using mobile phones etc I will accept that they have the slightest interest in "road safety"....

It is all about taxation and criminalisation of the population...... You'd have more respect for the system if they charged everybody a $250 per year extra "road safety" tax rather than the random vivtimisation of people for trivial violations of speed limits that were invented 60 years ago for vehicles that were much less technologically capable.... cars or bikes...

a slow rider is a dead one....

Doc

I totally Agree!!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 08:01 PM

Quote:

Ride safe
Cheers Graham,

I went for a long ride yesterday (dispite the fact it was what we consider a high risk day, people going on holidays early and all) with some friends in perfect wether which was lucky as it's been unseasonably shitty down here for the last couple of weeks and even today looks like it will rain again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode