Diagnostic Tool for 3 cylinder Owners - MVAgusta.net
 6Likes
  • 1 Post By dansoarr
  • 4 Post By dansoarr
  • 1 Post By dansoarr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Diagnostic Tool for 3 cylinder Owners

Anyone purchased this software for the Turismo ?

ECU Studio - MV Turismo Veloce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 06:08 AM

Yep I have the kit for all MV's, Not worked on the TV, but the ECU is the same as all F3's and F4's.

Anything particular you want to know?

Also they are now a forum sponsor so, you can ask them questions directly, but I do know that they cant reply at the moment as they have not been given permission to post anywhere.
esq'z me likes this.

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:05 AM

Just curious what are most common useful features when using with TV? Other than error codes and error code reset.

You can tune maps (if you know how and what). Ready maps? Race functions not probably primary for TV

-Varesedreamer-

TVL2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 03:16 PM

The ROM's do enable you to change the fueling and ignition etc, but also release the torque of the engine where it is electronically limited and change the smoothness of the throttle, these are fairly simple to do, test and correct if its not correct. As you are not changing the fueling just how the ECU uses it you can experiment without risking the engine. Like all changes, small incremental changes are the way to go.

However on quite a few bikes it control and personalisation. For example, my blipper and QS are modified so that they are smooth in traffic, so lower rpm and lower torque / deceleration. It makes it much nicer in traffic, but does not compromise the functionality at speed / load. Fan activation temperatures are another favorite.

The other thing I encourage owners to do is take a data log when the bike is working well, both from cold and when warm. You then have a baseline to check against when checking for faults etc.

2015 MV F4, ABS

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansoarr View Post
Yep I have the kit for all MV's, Not worked on the TV, but the ECU is the same as all F3's and F4's.

Anything particular you want to know?

Also they are now a forum sponsor so, you can ask them questions directly, but I do know that they cant reply at the moment as they have not been given permission to post anywhere.
A thread similar to this was started in February and March of this year, perculiar to TV owners because our bike choice is rather unique in the MV model line up in that it is a tourer, not a sports bike. I ride my bike thousands of miles from home or any dealership. I don't track day and I don't need the bike to go any faster. I was hoping- and I think this sentiment was expressed by others at the time, for a code reader accessed thru" a phone app that would explain, override and clear "no Start " problems . Or any other simple fixes explained so I can keep on touring.
I'm only assuming that this software package from ECU will require a download onto a laptop. Not so easy to pack around on my next trip to California.
Then the question of cost . I understand the time to develop this package has to be paid for. It "appears " to have a lot of features that I would never use, but have to buy anyway.

So my question to you Aaron is - I can be persuaded that this software is a good idea for a touring bike rider if I can have more knowledge on how it would help solve my particular situation. And of course, right now there are no other options. I appreciated your input as you have used this software yourself.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 03:47 PM

Ok, two points

1, I carry my dongle and interface on my bike. Because if I get stuck I can borrow a laptop and see if I can fix it or at least understand the issue. As dealers are few and good garages with knowledge of MV's even less. So for me a its a vital tool, I actually refused to buy the MV until I had a solution to diagnostics

2, A diagnostics program via a phone. Yes its possible but NO ONE wants it. We tried a couple of times and I had long and detailed discussions with ECUStudio and they were willing to create an app for us, to do exactly what you want. However there needs to be a market for it, for any company to create an app. Apart from the development time for the App, there is all the investment to workout how to access the ECU and decode the CAN messages beyond the simple industry standard messages. When we tried last time we could not even get 10 people to say yes. I was willing to put cash in, but we would need at least 20 people to say yes and guarantee purchase and probably a deposit based on a clear specification to get it to happen.

Like I said I wanted independence from MV and from garages in general, its not just MV, I do this with all my cars and bikes.
revhead1957 likes this.

2015 MV F4, ABS

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750

Last edited by dansoarr; 12-04-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode