RC Owners - MVAgusta.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

RC Owners and ABS

I have a MY19 Dragster RC and my GF has a MY19 Dragster RR. The ABS can be adjusted on the RR, but can not be adjusted on my RC. The RR has an ABS mode, but the RC does not. Is this the same for all RC models?

Last edited by XPARAUK; 07-20-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:18 AM

New Site Garage
The only thing that I can come up with is that your GF's RR versions is build in Q3/Q4 of 2018, and your RC in Q1 2019 and the new european rules are implemented in your version.
While im not 100% sure of this, the new rules say that bikes from 2019 on must have ABS ON at all times and cannot be disabled.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:48 AM
Established Member

My Turismo RC is 2017 and ABS can be switch off or adjust sensitivity levels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
The only thing that I can come up with is that your GF's RR versions is build in Q3/Q4 of 2018, and your RC in Q1 2019 and the new european rules are implemented in your version.
While im not 100% sure of this, the new rules say that bikes from 2019 on must have ABS ON at all times and cannot be disabled.
Spot on. As confirmed by MV Customer Service. All new bikes must not have facility to switch ABS off. MY RC therefore has ABS on all the time, showing as setting number 1 and no 'mode' to adjust it.

Fine by me. One less thing to fiddle with

Last edited by XPARAUK; 07-20-2019 at 10:00 AM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 10:06 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPARAUK View Post
Spot on. As confirmed by MV Customer Service. All new bikes must not have facility to switch ABS off. MY RC therefore has ABS on all the time, showing as setting number 1 and no 'mode' to adjust it.

Fine by me. One less thing to fiddle with
Till you wanna do a trackday and notice your bike wont stop cause ABS is f*king up your braking.

No joke, The boiis over at 44teeth did some laps around Jerez with a couple 2019/20 bikes.
Honda, Kawasaki, BMW, Ducati superbikes what have you not. The kawasaki had that new ABS rule implemented and coudnt be turned off.
The bald dude almost shat himself and ran wide into turn 1. ABS was preventing him from propper braking.

So....yeah. Always ON isnt the best choice for superbikes if you tell me.

"Mileena"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Till you wanna do a trackday and notice your bike wont stop cause ABS is f*king up your braking.

No joke, The boiis over at 44teeth did some laps around Jerez with a couple 2019/20 bikes.
Honda, Kawasaki, BMW, Ducati superbikes what have you not. The kawasaki had that new ABS rule implemented and coudnt be turned off.
The bald dude almost shat himself and ran wide into turn 1. ABS was preventing him from propper braking.

So....yeah. Always ON isnt the best choice for superbikes if you tell me.
Yep, I know all about ABS and track bikes, as my Fireblade had the ABS removed for the track. Track days are long gone, for me, now. The closest my Dragster will get to the track is in the car park

Surely ABS is a good thing for road bikes of any Genre?
esq'z me likes this.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 02:25 PM

New Site Garage
I dont care what people say.
ABS is better than NON ABS for street use for any sort of bike model.

If someone drops by and says: "REAL RIDERS DONT NEED ABS"
Congratulations on that opinion
esq'z me and lucydad like this.

"Mileena"

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I dont care what people say.
ABS is better than NON ABS for street use for any sort of bike model.

If someone drops by and says: "REAL RIDERS DONT NEED ABS"
Congratulations on that opinion
I have only experienced abs on a mt09 during a 2 hour test ride, I found it very intrusive and and dangerous. if I brought the bike I would of disconnected it immediately.

I'm sure it's nice to have that safety net hanging around in the background just incase of an emergency, however on the road I have locked the front wheel a few times in an emergency and I can honestly say if I had abs it would not of helped my situation at all and would of only made things worse (extended braking distances).

I found the best solution was to completely release the brake to regain full control the bike and take evasive action (steer around the obstruction albeit at a higher speed)

I'm sure ABS algorithms are getting better all the time and there are systems out there that actually work.

MY OPINION IS electronics are NO substitute for riding skill obtained by time in the saddle.

That said I brought my F3 because of the riding aids, I explored the limitations and turned them off permanently.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudman View Post
I have only experienced abs on a mt09 during a 2 hour test ride, I found it very intrusive and and dangerous. if I brought the bike I would of disconnected it immediately.

I'm sure it's nice to have that safety net hanging around in the background just incase of an emergency, however on the road I have locked the front wheel a few times in an emergency and I can honestly say if I had abs it would not of helped my situation at all and would of only made things worse (extended braking distances).

I found the best solution was to completely release the brake to regain full control the bike and take evasive action (steer around the obstruction albeit at a higher speed)

I'm sure ABS algorithms are getting better all the time and there are systems out there that actually work.

MY OPINION IS electronics are NO substitute for riding skill obtained by time in the saddle.

That said I brought my F3 because of the riding aids, I explored the limitations and turned them off permanently.
Surely that can not be correct; 'if I had abs it would not of helped my situation at all and would of only made things worse (extended braking distances).'?

If you skid you are out of control, surely ABS gives you a certain amount of control back? Having said that, I am sure ABS is far more effective on vehicles with more than 2 wheels.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 01:50 AM

Surely that can not be correct; 'if I had abs it would not of helped my situation at all and would of only made things worse (extended braking distances).'?

If you skid you are out of control, surely ABS gives you a certain amount of control back? Having said that, I am sure ABS is far more effective on vehicles with more than 2 wheels.[/QUOTE]

Yes, a skid indicates you are out of control, and releasing the brake helps you regain control.

My problem with ABS is that people tend to rely on it too much in a panic situations ie. Grab a shit load of front brake and don't let go hoping that ABS will save your ass. Likelyhood is your still going to hit the very object you were trying to avoid.
theknurl and Ducati23 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in