B3 heavy clutch - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
B3 heavy clutch

Hey guys.
I bought my first brutale 10 months ago and finally got the chance to go for a ride. Everything was going easy peasy up until traffic hit. I started getting a horrible pain on wrist so I would just ride and stretch, ride and stretch, until I couldn’t hold it anymore and had to pull over. Pretty embarrassing considering I was only stuck in traffic for about 10mins. Any who, i got home, checked the cable and lubed it. Unfortunately, I’m still getting pain on my wrist and can’t afford to make it worse. Only thing I can think of is getting new aftermarket levers or changing my clutch springs. Any one else has these issues or can give me some advise on that the best possible option is? I’m also using grip master to strengthen my wrist & have some pretty good Chinese aftermarket levers.

Cheers!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 06:09 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Make sure your cable is routed correctly and maybe give it some lubrication..... Weaker clutch springs will probably result in a slipping clutch.

Maybe it is the angle of your wrist? Try moving the bars back (lower and closer to you?) or rotating the lever perch to change the angle. Or maybe getting different bars with a different bend??

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 02:13 AM

My F3 also has a relatively heavier clutch pull compared to my brother's 675 daytona. I could ride traffic, but it would be a pain after a while. I fitted the OEM slipper clutch later in 2013, it came with softer springs and it did make it more bearable.

Does your B3 have a slipper clutch installed? The first 3-cylinder bikes like my F3 didn't and the clutches were quite heavy from the factory. Also check that your aftermarket Chinese levers didnt make things worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:30 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Usually the perches and switch gear are pinned to the bars......to make sure the levers break when you drop the bike

You can remove the pins with a pair of diagonal cutters
Then leave the pinch bolts loose enough so you can move the perches
Set it different than stock and try riding it, still hurt? move it

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:26 PM

New Site Garage
The cable should not be lubed if it is a teflon lined one. I believe it is teflon. Check the cable where it crosses the engine mount. Mine had the housing break at that place causing lots of dragging. This is the f3 but i think the overall routing is the same on the b3.

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTsalas View Post
My F3 also has a relatively heavier clutch pull compared to my brother's 675 daytona. I could ride traffic, but it would be a pain after a while. I fitted the OEM slipper clutch later in 2013, it came with softer springs and it did make it more bearable.

Does your B3 have a slipper clutch installed? The first 3-cylinder bikes like my F3 didn't and the clutches were quite heavy from the factory. Also check that your aftermarket Chinese levers didnt make things worse.

No it doesn’t have a slipper clutch but put one would be my last option. I’m trying to see if there’s anything else I can do before I take that leap. You also had me thinking about my levers so I did swap them and it didn’t feel any better.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Usually the perches and switch gear are pinned to the bars......to make sure the levers break when you drop the bike

You can remove the pins with a pair of diagonal cutters
Then leave the pinch bolts loose enough so you can move the perches
Set it different than stock and try riding it, still hurt? move it[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/MVagusta_net_2016/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]

I adjusted them and the pain doesn’t come on as quick but it eventually does. 😞
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by airjawed View Post
The cable should not be lubed if it is a teflon lined one. I believe it is teflon. Check the cable where it crosses the engine mount. Mine had the housing break at that place causing lots of dragging. This is the f3 but i think the overall routing is the same on the b3.
I’m not too sure about this one. I would have to double check it. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode