[Sydney] A good garage for servicing? - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Baba Zanetti

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Question [Sydney] A good garage for servicing?

Hi everyone,

I just did my 8000 kms service couple of weeks ago but I was really disappointed with it. For the past 3 years now (yes, I'm not riding a lot :P) I've been to Moto Tecnica (originally Artarmon, now Parramatta road) where I bought the bike (they are not selling MV anymore) but to be honest I've always been less than impress with them.

On my first service they forgot to put a screw on on the bottom fairing of the engine that they probably had to remove to change the oil. Also for the price I pay for the bike I'm expecting top servicing. I mean if I go to Audi to service my car, they will returned it all cleaned up and shiny. At Moto Tecnica you can be sure you'll get it as you brought it.

I never received a call or email to invite me to events or to try on new bikes... Really not what I was expecting from a top brand like MV. Their current place on Parramatta Road if filthy as hell. They went from a brand new showroom to an old storage place with the floor painted with oil.

Anyway, last year I had an issue with my Dragster RR, it was overheating so I took it to them on the last day of the warranty! They told me it was just the cap of the radiator that was broken and changed it for me. I came back the next weekend because I had a leak, blue liquid (cooling one) that was coming out at the top of the radiator, and they told me it was just because they probably put too much liquid. So I rode along the whole year, clean the bike couple of times, still have this coolant leaking somehow.

On my last service, Henry from Moto Tecnica told me that I needed to change a part to fix it. So I explain to him that there is no way that I'll pay for something that was wrongly fixed by them at the first place. He told me that there was no record of this fix into his computer, however I found the invoices and sent them to him... still waiting for a reply.

So I'm done with Moto Tecnica Sydney. I'm looking for a place that care about their customers, that offer really good service for a reasonable price. Can you guys help me out?

Thanks a lot!

Maxime

Last edited by maxwell2022; 12-25-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 09:44 PM
Established Member

Why not take it to the official dealers up the road at 4/26 James Ruse Dr, Granville. They don't have oil on the floor, a few espresso stains maybe.

Moto Technica Artarmon I believe was a workshop only for supercars not sure about bikes then David Song as who had the dealer rights for MV and a few other brands like Benelli set up a small show room there and was selling bikes.
Moto Technica then started servicing bikes alongside the cars.
There was some sort of rift? between the two and David set up shop in Granville in a much bigger space and is the only official MV dealer in Sydney.

Anyone can correct me If I'm wrong about the history of MV in Artarmon which then moved to Granville or anything else I said.
nigelrb likes this.

2014 F3 800 Silver/Red

Tags
dragster rr, service, sydney

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode