Removal of the ABS for racing?? - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Removal of the ABS for racing??

Hi Chaps,
i'm building a racing F3 675 and very particular on my front brakes etc on how they work and feel. So my question is can the ABS just be removed and cause no issue to the ECU or anything else?
This is my first bike with ABS as i'm use to pucka GP bikes so i want to get that hard hitting feeling you have with the Brembo Master cylinder, i have already removed the Nissin master cylinder as it was Shit even on the road, i personally do not think you will ever get that BANG feeling if the brakes have to go through anything but direct to the caliper.
Regard

MV Agusta F3 675 RC 2016
Honda RS125
Honda RS 250 NX5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 09:36 AM

You have 2 or 3 options really.

1. Blank the inputs to the ABS module and leave it fitted. Its extra weight but then the ecu & display is happy. clearly you will need much shorter direct lines to the calipers from and rear.
2. Remove ABS module, Fit direct lines and re-flash the ECU to correct the error messages.
3. possibly might work on an F3? Remove ABS module, Fit direct lines. if you switch the display into lap timer mode on the F4 it then ignores the ABS error (well does not display it). Not sure how long it will do this and whether or not it causes some other issues. simple to try just remove the fuse.

on all of the above turn the ABS setting to off on the display.
2STROKERACER and 2STROKERACER like this.

Arron

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Mapped with ECUstudio
QS & Blipper working with ECUstudio

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
The Following User Says Thank You to dansoarr For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks Dansoarr,
Think i will go with the second and remove it completely as i want the bike to be as light as possible, just need someone in the UK to help me re-flash the ECU when i have finish the build you seem to know a lot about the MV racing wise. do you race them as i have hundreds of questions to ask? lol

MV Agusta F3 675 RC 2016
Honda RS125
Honda RS 250 NX5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 10:06 AM

Feel free to PM me, not a problem. Not racing anymore, only use the MV on track now when I do an ACU test day with mates that I have built / rebuilt they're bikes. No probs on the reflash

Arron

2015 MV F4, ABS

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 12:32 PM

If you have M40 monoblocks on the front, my advice is to order the F3 Oro hoses / F3 800 (2013) pre-abs. Startwin trading can get them for you.

I tried Frentubo aftermarket hoses on my F3 (m40 monoblock conversion) and it was a disaster. Cant comment on the rest as mine is non-abs.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 01:14 PM

I am in the same predicament other than the added bonus I cannot get my bike to run. I did the rcs19 master which somewhat improved the feel. nothing like on my other bikes tho presumably due to the abs and extra length of the lines as well. mine was to be a track bike and, well, the absis the least of my problems w it right now. I would imagine leaving everything hooked up for the rear brake and plugging the abs pump line to the master and running straight from master down it would feel much better and possible the bike would just think your never using the front brakes while retain the rear abs which either might be useful or of no consciquence due to not using It on track.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 03:07 PM

@dansoarr Option 2 will not work since the speed sensors are differently for ABS and non-ABS bikes. do you have a solution for that as well? I doubt a reflash only will do the job as the parts are different and at different positions?

MV F3 800 / 2014 / Quick shift up AND down working
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephalem View Post
@dansoarr Option 2 will not work since the speed sensors are differently for ABS and non-ABS bikes. do you have a solution for that as well? I doubt a reflash only will do the job as the parts are different and at different positions?
That's correct I corrected that in a PM but here, my mistake.
Yep you would need the non-abs sensors and wire to the ECU, its a headache for sure.

The other option is what we used to so on the R1's before an electronics pack was available and basically dismantle the Bosch pump to remove the heavy solenoid block but leave the Electronics in place. It means you destroy the pump but save the weight and can run direct lines.

Arron

2015 MV F4, ABS

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750

Last edited by dansoarr; 07-04-2018 at 04:04 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 12:42 AM

I'll let you guys know in the next couple of weeks, that's the way I will go - have someone who sells his modified ABS unit
2STROKERACER likes this.

MV F3 800 / 2014 / Quick shift up AND down working
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hi Nephalem, how are you getting on?

MV Agusta F3 675 RC 2016
Honda RS125
Honda RS 250 NX5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode