MV Agusta F4 1000 Ignition Coil Coils - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
MV1

Question MV Agusta F4 1000 Ignition Coil Coils

Let me ask- What's everyone doing now for replacement ignition coils.

I've been a bit busy working on a number of projects but reverting back now I believe I've narrowed down an issue on my particular 05 F4-1000S that leads me now looking for a replacement set of ignition coils, but not wanting necessarily to buy a 10+ Year old set from another 10 year old bike I was wondering if anyone has either narrowed down where we can get new/old stock of the original Champion style MV two prong coils or has the basic spec info that would allow us to research options?

The understanding/rumor previously was that these were if not common but not totally unique in the automotive world and could therefor be sourced, possibly even new from the manufacture or elsewhere.

Thanks

MV1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 09:46 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

I'll assume you're looking for stick coils.....

The later bikes used Beru coils the last 3 digits of the part number is 006 and they seem to be hard to find.....
There are identical coils, but with longer wires last 3 digits 002

Chuck, silentservice703 is looking for some

I saw his post, but can't find it again

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
MV1

Yes Thank you Knurl I appreciated but I'm speaking about the older 05/07 F4-1000S/R model Champion two prong (non-stick) style coils used on the original F4 750's and 1000's.

You can occasionally find these on Flee-Bay but I was hoping to find new or a suitable new replacement that can be retrofit or exchanged to fit the earlier F4's.

PK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV1 View Post
Yes Thank you Knurl I appreciated but I'm speaking about the older 05/07 F4-1000S/R model Champion two prong (non-stick) style coils used on the original F4 750's and 1000's.

You can occasionally find these on Flee-Bay but I was hoping to find new or a suitable new replacement that can be retrofit or exchanged to fit the earlier F4's.

PK
I think the Champions you're referring to is for the 04 750 Brutale.

The ones you want are the two transformers on a bracket. I don't believe they had a manufacturer stamp. Also found on the Ducati 916 shape bikes and (vague memory) Fiat Puntos. If you can measure the primary/secondary resistance of the coils that'll indicate if the Ducati ones can be used (for that matter any coil with similar characteristics). The lead part is just that, a lead. I don't think they had a resistor in the cap but I'll leave the experts to say (Noel??)

Hope this helps

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in