Confront MV Agusta (Portugal Representetive again?) 2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Unhappy New Member not for Good Reasons - Cry for Help

Hi everyone,

My name is Nuno Ferreira, I'm from Portugal and I am a very sad owner of an MV Agusta Turismo Veloce (2016).
I registered on this fórum to find out if I'm the only one with problems.
I will describe and to try and find out solutions for them.
My TV was bought brand new in 23/02/2016 and since them, several problems have been happening.
They all started 08/03/2016 and never stopped since:
- Titl Sensor Problem (1x)
- Problems with Quick-Shift (more than 1x)
- Problems with the Clutch Sensor: I still have faults appearing in the Dashboard from time to time and when they happen, the quick.shift stops working. (lost the number of times this happens)
- Problems with the Trottle grip (2x)
- Finally and the most serious of all, I was without brakes (front and back) in full transit on the 23/08/2017. I had to cal Traveling Assistance to take the motorcycle to the workshop, witch is currently under review and analysis.

Having said that, HAS ANYONE had so many problems with your MV Agusta and how can I resolve mine. I should mention that I contacted MVAgusta in Italy and they reponded to my e-mail saying that they would redirect my problems to the representive in Portugal (where I bought my bike) and I am until today without my problems resolved, and still without my bike.

Should I consider leaving the brand ? Is the problem with my MV Agusta representetive here in Portugal ?! What can I do ?

Please help me!!!

My best regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 09:50 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Welcome...that's one hell of a first post.
Others will be along to help.
Yes, others have similar issues and they have been resolved.
Check in the TV specific section of the forum; BUT...you must post three times here before you can post elsewhere.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
The Following User Says Thank You to silentservice703 For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 10:06 AM

I've had issues with my F4 over the last few years but not quite as many as you. The tilt sensor, rear master cylinder and a few other bits were done under warranty and some other bits declined.

Recently the ABS light has started coming on and a quick run on the dyno confirmed my view that there was a problem with the fuelling (which I am yet to get to the bottom of).

You are still under warranty and my suggestion is that you bombard your local dealership and anyone at MV Agusta whose contact details you can find until they rectify but if you were in the UK I'd be suggesting that you had a good case for giving the thing back and getting a refund.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 11:20 AM

Just speculation but, Sounds to me like there is an electrical fault somewhere, ie loose earth high resistance joint in a connector. If it were me and still under warranty I would send it back to the suppling dealer.
If no warranty then I would start at the ECU and check and clean every electrical connection and inspect the wiring loom.
The thing I have found out with my Mv is that it is very sensitive to electrical voltage/resistance and if it's not happy will throw up all sorts of unrelated errors.

Best of luck
nghferreira and nghferreira like this.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family here at MV.Net...shame you have had so many (unrelated it seems) problems. As stated above, these problems sound like all are related to poor connections, voltage drops.....Except the brakes thing!!!

Are you saying both front and rear brakes quit working??? Or was it just a warning that ABS was malfunctioning?

Even when ABS warning is illuminated the brakes should still work as normal, just no ABS.

How's the battery? Crappy OEM batteries can cause a lot of faults as they degrade. Low amperage circuits common on all modern bikes do not like low voltage.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
The Following User Says Thank You to esq'z me For This Useful Post:
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
esq'z me, Hi, and Thanks for the reply...

Both brakes stopped working, ABS was enabled, and there was no Warning of failure whatsoever. I turned off the bike and on again, it went through the verifications with all being OK, but still, no brakes.

The battery is the original, and the bike runs every day from home/work and on the weekends I ride her everywhere... the voltage is OK if I connect it to the charger that comes with the Bike it’s all good.

They say they can’t find any problems with the Brake Pomp or other parts of the bike and are trying to figure out how I came to be without Brakes like that...
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudman View Post
Just speculation but, Sounds to me like there is an electrical fault somewhere, ie loose earth high resistance joint in a connector. If it were me and still under warranty I would send it back to the suppling dealer.
If no warranty then I would start at the ECU and check and clean every electrical connection and inspect the wiring loom.
The thing I have found out with my Mv is that it is very sensitive to electrical voltage/resistance and if it's not happy will throw up all sorts of unrelated errors.

Best of luck
Hi Dudman,

Thanks for the reply, I Just sent that info to the mecanic... you never know and its better something than nothing...

My best regards,
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 06:12 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Very strange, this no brakes thing.

You are saying the lever and pedal had no pressure ???? Meaning lever would pull to the grip with no resistance? Or the lever and pedal felt normal but the brake calipers did not apply pressure to the pads against the rotors?

It is a simple hydraulic system (except for ABS pump) exactly the same as virtually every bike on the planet. As long as there is no fluid leaking or mechanical damage it should work. Were the brakes still non-functional when delivered to the shop?

Hydraulic brakes do not just stop working one moment and then start working the next. Because it is a primary safety system, the brakes are one of the most carefully engineered and assembled systems on any production vehicle. Checked and tested and checked again at time of manufacture.

What exactly happened and what were you doing when the brakes quit working and you loaded it up for transport to the shop?

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 03:58 AM

Hello Nuno

I´m from portugal as well, been visiting this forum for the last month (thinking on buying a dragster rr) but the problems i see people having is making me having cold feet.

Hope you problems get solved.
Best Regards
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Very strange, this no brakes thing.

You are saying the lever and pedal had no pressure ???? Meaning lever would pull to the grip with no resistance? Or the lever and pedal felt normal but the brake calipers did not apply pressure to the pads against the rotors?

It is a simple hydraulic system (except for ABS pump) exactly the same as virtually every bike on the planet. As long as there is no fluid leaking or mechanical damage it should work. Were the brakes still non-functional when delivered to the shop?

Hydraulic brakes do not just stop working one moment and then start working the next. Because it is a primary safety system, the brakes are one of the most carefully engineered and assembled systems on any production vehicle. Checked and tested and checked again at time of manufacture.

What exactly happened and what were you doing when the brakes quit working and you loaded it up for transport to the shop?
I mean the lever and pedal lost all pressure... I was going to work on a high traffic road approaching a round abound with a red light going like 50/60km filtering traffic… when I wanted to stop on my first grip, the lever went almost to the grip and the bike kept going, when I tried the second time it went ALL the WAY to the grip, and them I tried the pedal and nothing, I kind of panicked and luckily a car driver noticed and stopped to let me pass and over into the sidewalk as I tried to stop the bike with my feet at the same time I honked the people to get out of the way…
The Mechanic is saying that the pump is mechanic but commanded by a electrical signal. He suspects the problem might be on the pump, but at the same time he doesn't understand why the brakes stopped working all together... He is waiting for MV Agusta engineers to say what to do...

Tags
problem, turismo veloce, turismoveloce

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode