1078RR chain play adjustment - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

1078RR chain play adjustment

EDIT : Found it, is in the manual. Overlooked it. Thanks anyway!

Hello!

We can't seem to find the right chain adjustment settings in the manuals for my 1078RR Brutale.
The workshop manual shows it for the 750s/oro, 910S/R but not for my 1078RR. Normally it should be on the chain guard as well (space between chain and sprocket cover should be between 6-11mm depending on model) but i don't know what mine should be as one of the previous owners apparently removed it from the cover......

Does anyone know what the right setting should be? i don't know if it matters but the rear sprocket on my bike is changed from a 43 tooth to a 39 tooth sprocket.

Thanks!
Kjeld

Last edited by Dutchmv; 05-19-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:06 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmv View Post

Hello!

We can't seem to find the right chain adjustment settings in the manuals for my 1078RR Brutale.
The workshop manual shows it for the 750s/oro, 910S/R but not for my 1078RR. Normally it should be on the chain guard as well (space between chain and sprocket cover should be between 6-11mm depending on model) but i don't know what mine should be as one of the previous owners apparently removed it from the cover......

Does anyone know what the right setting should be? i don't know if it matters but the rear sprocket on my bike is changed from a 43 tooth to a 39 tooth sprocket.

Thanks!
Kjeld

Welcome to the forum.
The correct chain adjustment is 6mm between the chain guard and chain.
You can download the correct manual for your bike from Donsy's website.All the info is there for you.
Here is a link to make it easy for you-
Team Double 3 Racing | MV Agusta

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326

Last edited by mitchy; 05-19-2017 at 04:31 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:08 PM

No doubt you will have read about the need to have the chain set loose, and don't overtighten the pinch bolts.
I am surprised at the sprocket size change. Did you do it or was it the previous owner? Do you do lots of open road high speed riding?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:09 PM

Hey Mitchy, you got there 30 seconds before me!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:26 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead1957 View Post
Hey Mitchy, you got there 30 seconds before me!

HaHa,how are you mate.We are well overdue to catch up for a ride.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:33 PM

Tell me about it!
Family and work taking my spare time. When I am free, it is wet!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmv View Post

Hello!

Thanks!
Kjeld

Welcome to the forum.
The correct chain adjustment is 6mm between the chain guard and chain.
You can download the correct manual for your bike from Donsy's website.All the info is there for you.
Here is a link to make it easy for you-
Team Double 3 Racing | MV Agusta
I already found it (9mm) and i am aware of not overtightening the bolts. Thanks! Post the updates on how we did servicing the hub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead1957 View Post
No doubt you will have read about the need to have the chain set loose, and don't overtighten the pinch bolts.
I am surprised at the sprocket size change. Did you do it or was it the previous owner? Do you do lots of open road high speed riding?
It was the previous owner! It makes a very big difference. Speedo gives actual speed and (compared to my dad's 910r which is original and stock the same gearing and sprockets as 1078rr) it makes around 700-800 rpm's less than the 910r. Speedo gives at 130kmh around 7 kmh less than the 910r so it is much quiter and calmer on the highway. Should give a better fuel economy on the highway as well, at least the last ride on the highway was more economical than expected. Works for me! Torque enough and relaxed riding for me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode